FZ6 Rearset Set Back Plates For Sale

megatronixs

Reaction score
Visit site
im not to far from there. i work closer to where that is then i live =b but i can swing by tonight and grab them if thats ok

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to apologize to everyone. I used the APC (Automated Postal Center, like an ATM for the Postoffice) like I always do to send out the plates. All the US plates came back (all the international ones need to be done at a counter because of the customs forms). Apparently they were $0.38USD short of postage! Normally I'm only sending 1 or 2 sets out at a time and whatever inspector they have must let it slide. I purchased the same first-class postage I always do, I believe the packages even weighed more than they usually do (they got an extra layer of bubble wrapping, just ask megatronixs). Anyways, they were sent out by an unhappy wife yesterday at noon (on her lunch break) so can now expect them the first part of next week. Again, my apologies.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I need to apologize to everyone. I used the APC (Automated Postal Center, like an ATM for the Postoffice) like I always do to send out the plates. All the US plates came back (all the international ones need to be done at a counter because of the customs forms). Apparently they were $0.38USD short of postage! Normally I'm only sending 1 or 2 sets out at a time and whatever inspector they have must let it slide. I purchased the same first-class postage I always do, I believe the packages even weighed more than they usually do (they got an extra layer of bubble wrapping, just ask megatronixs). Anyways, they were sent out by an unhappy wife yesterday at noon (on her lunch break) so can now expect them the first part of next week. Again, my apologies.
No problem here, I'm not installing them until the weather gets better so a week or two is neither here nor there. Thanks to your lovely wife for digging us out.

Neil

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine arrived today in the mail. :thumbup: First thing Mrs. Lefty said when I unwrapped them was "that's some beautiful machining work"!
I have to agree. They go on this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
Thanks again Louis for all your hard work. :rockon:

Chantal

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine arrived today in the mail. :thumbup: First thing Mrs. Lefty said when I unwrapped them was "that's some beautiful machining work"!

Cool...can't wait to get mine too!

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site

Cool. Make sure you take pics, do a write up, follow the info on the 1st page of this thread including the 2 or 3 install guides i linked to.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok...they all went out first class this morning in USPS hand's by 10AM. In the US, that's 3-7 days. International, about the same to get to your country, but then your Customs Office takes over. All listed "Commercial Sample" of $0USD value so there should not be any extra tax.

Just one black set left.
are they still available ?
if so I would be interested....can paypal without any hassles

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site

+1 i got mine yesterday! great machining! the package smelled like icecream lol

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got mine this morning, many thanks for the brilliant effort that went into making these and management of the group purchase.
Excellent quality, might not wait until spring to install them as its so tempting.
ehegaqut.jpg
upy7ubeh.jpg

Cheers
Neil
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Got mine in! Will post a picture tonight (as they're black).

Going to take some time in the next couple weekends to do this mod + chain and sprockets (+2 in the back)

Happy modding!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Louis they arrived today

the mail guys at work said there was a package, I was thinking it might be the forum number plate surround I have been waiting for since late November 2012 but to my great delight it was the set back plates. now to get some stainless nuts bolts washers etc to do them justice
very nice design you have crafted I am jealous of your talent. I know I have said that also of killer noodle and his clutch slave lever and I feel it needs to be said of these back plates
the thought process going into them and monitoring the execution of your design.....
you do other fz6 owners and modders proud
I congratulate and thank you for your inventiveness and diligence
thanks mate they are beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

starflyer

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Installed the plates Saturday night and rode about 100 miles Sunday. I love these plates!

I decided to bend the shift rod and I think it came out ok, although if I were to do it again I would have made the bends closer to the end of the rod at the shift lever as I scratched up the frame just a hair due to the tight clearance while testing the fit:spank:

Hellgate's install writeup suggests flipping the rubber washer around so that there's metal on metal contact. I used a regular washer instead of flipping the stock rubber one around, think it looks cleaner. I have metal to metal contact but there's still too much flex in the stock rearsets for my liking; still feels squishy to me. Maybe I'm just noticing it more now. Anyone installed R6S rearsets on their FZ?

All in all I am very happy with the setback plates!

Thanks again OSO2K!:thumbup:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Several R6 & R1 rearsets should be compatible (see the compatibility thread in my sig). They are designed to give more rise than FZ6 rearsets.

Last edited:

ckrockets

Reaction score
Visit site
My method of installation.

Drilled out the existing ball joint and replace with another in the opposite direction.

McMaster-Carr

Metric Heavy Duty Ball Joint Linkages 6275K63

auto-punch.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs6.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs5a.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs1.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs4.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs2.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs3.jpg

This method required no shimming and alignment was perfect.

Last edited: