FZ6 Price Check

OVerLoRDI

Reaction score
Visit site
I have long been a fan of the FZ6 (especially the pre FZ6R).

I am now in a position to buy one and I found one that I am quite interested in, however the price seems a little crazy and I want to negotiate but be realistic.

Stats on the bike:
2007 FZ6
Red
Cosmetically 99.9% flawless (there are some scuffs on the right handle bar)
Completely stock
600 miles
Asking price: $6000

It has been on the dealership floor for about 3 weeks now at that price and I think it is too high for a 6+ year old bike, that was new at about 7k.

What is a realistic price for an FZ6 in this condition and this low of miles?

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
That price really doesn't surprise me if its being sold by a dealership, in the middle of riding season, for a very low mileage bike. With that price you should get some peace of mind on the purchase. There is also a thread here called something like what did you pay for your fz6 that you can look at.

Fwiw: mine was $3500 for a 2007 with 16k miles

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Helvete

Reaction score
Visit site
Regardless of its' low mileage, it's still an old bike. We're not talking classic sports cars here either, it's just a regular bike! I bought my 2009 with 6k on it for £3400 from a dealer. That's newer and cheaper and I'm in the UK! 600 or 6000 miles I think is irrelevant.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just for basis of comparison; That is what I paid for my 2007 in early 2008; Brand new, Out the door.

I would consider looking elsewhere.

OVerLoRDI

Reaction score
Visit site
Just for basis of comparison; That is what I paid for my 2007 in early 2008; Brand new, Out the door.

I would consider looking elsewhere.

That was my gut feeling as well.

I'm going to try to get them below 5k, closer to 4500 seems more realistic.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
$4500 is fare, any more than that, I'd pass. :thumbup:

You'll need $350 for a fresh set of tires.:rockon:

Blocky

Reaction score
Visit site
It could be worth less than half that much depending on how well it was stored.

At 6 years old with only a few hundred miles, I wouldn't go near that thing without a good warranty or an inspection by a mechanic of your choosing.

yanek

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 06 with 700 miles from PA for $4150 year ago.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be more worried buying a bike with such low miles that has just been sitting around for years than buying one that has at least been ridden. Pass unless you can get it for under $4,000

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My $.02 -- my 06 FZ6 was in pristine shape, and ran me $3500 (plus tires)...and this is higher than what I've seen other people get on here. Knock that price down.

-----------

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
That was my gut feeling as well.

I'm going to try to get them below 5k, closer to 4500 seems more realistic.

tell them 6k out the door. its a used bike, dealers don't like to keep used inventory it wastes floor space. the bike is only really worth about 5. as it is basically a brand new bike that hasn't finished break in yet. 5K + dealer crap = 6K, which is fair. but i paid 7K OTD in 2011 for my BRAND NEW 09. This bike is 2 years older than mine, and its 2 years later, and its USED. 5K at most/ 6 OTD is pretty fair, but you also wont find another with less miles.... so if that, and a fresh slate are important to you... (i will only buy a used bike if its stock)

its really not that bad of a price but its not a good price either, its really whatever you want to do dude.

oh and dont compare this bike too much with prices for 06 and older, its a different generation of bike. the 07+ is a slightly better machine, and some aftermarket parts dont fit the older bikes as well.

again $6,000 out the door or pass

Last edited:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't pay more than 4,500 considering you need new tires. Actually for a 2007, I'd prefer one with a few thousand miles. At least you know it all the parts moved here and there. And don't even get me started on the slow color...

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Think you'll have trouble knocking 1500 off a dealership bike... Highest I'd go would probably be 5000 OTD with tires thrown in... Give them your price and if they counter with something you don't like, move on

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW! That is more then I paid for my '09 brand new off the floor ($5200), granted price can be affected by region and time of year. That said I wouldn't go over $4000 and a complete inspection report done by a certified mechanic. A bike that old with so few miles is asking for all kinds of issues if it wasn't drained properly and/or then improperly stored.

OVerLoRDI

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback and opinions. I may skip the bike unless I can get it at 4500-5k out the door with new tires.

There are quite a few good bikes (not fz6) that can be had for cheaper.

I just always wanted an fz6 and currently I'm having little luck on Craigslist for my area.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
A little patience here can save you 2 grand.

Expand your search - there's always a few for sale near me in Philadelphia, but when I look to the surrounding region, several more pop up. Good luck.