FZ6 Model year comparison - '05 vs '08

that is about the best I have found also but here is one i have never seen on a bike.... 58cycle Parts & Accessories Webstore i dont know if the blue would match the cobalt but i think it might look good on a team yamaha blue!
they are also 74.95 for the regular ones! On sale!

I've looked at the dark as well as the colored and like them both. What is stopping me though is the tank camera mount I have and what the camera will see through those colored ones. I'm considering the Smoke one because it's not too dark to film through. Of course, I could just keep the stock screen and use it for filming too.

Brings up a great question! Any filming out there through tinted screens? Thnx!!

I thought i read on here that someone bought the black one and had to return it since they couldn't see through it. It was just black plastic.

that make as much sense to me as some of my buddies painting their windscreen black... i guess when you are to fat to tuck down behind it it doesnt matter.:eek: i get down behind mine quite frequently and it would be pretty scary if I couldn't see through it! :D

Well, I just ordered the Puig 30-1590 Smoke Race Screen from www.imotorcycle.com along with the Battery Tender Jr. $105.90 and it's free shipping over $100.00! I'm hoping this make me as happy as it's made all of you! :thumbup:

Thanks all!! :rockon:

that is the one I have been eyeballing... make sure you post up some pics of it mounted on that beautiful cobalt!

that is the one I have been eyeballing... make sure you post up some pics of it mounted on that beautiful cobalt!

I sure will! I plan on getting some shots of the two side by side to include different angles so we can all see the differences. Promise!!!

If there's specific shots/angles, please let me know and I'll be sure to get those for anyone who asks!

Last edited:
I sure will! I plan on getting some shots of the two side by side to include different angles so we can all see the differences. Promise!!!

If there's specific shots/angles, please let me know and I'll be sure to get those for anyone who asks!

sounds like you have all the bases i need covered, covered! :thumbup:

I thought i read on here that someone bought the black one and had to return it since they couldn't see through it. It was just black plastic.

that would be me....it cost me an extra shipping and replacement fee to get rid of the flat black puig that is not mentioned anywhere that its flat...i got my dark smoke 2 days ago after a month of my initial payment...
that blue-black puig could very well be flat...i would ask them before purchasing...

Nice comparison. I received my Puig racing smoke screen, but have no bike yet to put it on. It was supposed to be for the first bike...Anyway, I hope to get a bike by next weekend and be able to ride up! I was going to offer to you to try the screen on my bike when I get it, but I see that you ordered one. It sounds from the reviews that it is worth it. Plus, the price is right.
Dani

that would be me....it cost me an extra shipping and replacement fee to get rid of the flat black puig that is not mentioned anywhere that its flat...i got my dark smoke 2 days ago after a month of my initial payment...
that blue-black puig could very well be flat...i would ask them before purchasing...

well if it does turn out to be transparent i will most likely order it when i have the $, i'll call them and ask next week.

Nice comparison. I received my Puig racing smoke screen, but have no bike yet to put it on. It was supposed to be for the first bike...Anyway, I hope to get a bike by next weekend and be able to ride up! I was going to offer to you to try the screen on my bike when I get it, but I see that you ordered one. It sounds from the reviews that it is worth it. Plus, the price is right.
Dani

Thanks Dani! I appreciate the thought! I hope you get the new one soon too so we can ride together. I finally took a look at the photos you put up and was really bummed out for you. But, I'm glad they came through for you in the end. Let me know when you're ready. Next weekend is supposed to be PERFECT!

Take care!

I know....hopefully by Wednesday I could get the bike. I'll let you know...my other issue is that the bike may not be the only new baby in the house...;)

Thanks. Number two, first one is a 5yo princess

That is awesome! My three are all grown up. I've got my daughter left at home and the boys are in their own places. It all goes by in a blink!!!

Take care Dani! Hope to ride with you soon!

"2. Suspension - I used to keep the '05 rear shock on a solid 7. Granted, I haven't hit any hard corners (just 75 miles on my first day out) but the bike feels planted on the stock setting. I'll have a different opinion when I've scuffed the entire tire, broken in to at least 600 miles and am able to hit the corners with some aggression. The forks do not dive as bad as the '05. I'm not sure if they've either put in heavier weight oil or have they moved from a progressive to a solid spring? I do have the 1 kg Racetech kit on standby with 15W oil but I'll need to review the stock setup during these first 1k miles."

I read in one review of the 07'-08' FZ6 now had cartridge front forks now instead of damper-rod type. Still non-adjustable but a better front fork overall.

At present i have a 2006 model FZ6 which is factory restricted to 33hp because thats all i could ride for 2 years after passing my test. Well my license restriction was up last week and i wan to upgrade. Now i'm considering several bikes. Obviously an FZ6 S2, a 2004 FZ1 or maybe a 2006 Honda CBF100.
This thread has answered most of my questions about the bike, so i think i may go for the FZ6 as i can swap over all my bolt on goodies to it and not have to buy new ones.
Thanks a million for a great thread! :thumbup:

At present i have a 2006 model FZ6 which is factory restricted to 33hp because thats all i could ride for 2 years after passing my test. Well my license restriction was up last week and i wan to upgrade. Now i'm considering several bikes. Obviously an FZ6 S2, a 2004 FZ1 or maybe a 2006 Honda CBF100.
This thread has answered most of my questions about the bike, so i think i may go for the FZ6 as i can swap over all my bolt on goodies to it and not have to buy new ones.
Thanks a million for a great thread! :thumbup:

I thought the restriction could be removed from the bike and then you wouldn't have to buy a new bike......?

Back