FZ6 Mod Suggestions

Grim Chemical

MasterDebater
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright Fazer Fans lets have a chat,

I bought an '05 FZ6 (STC?) Bone Stock with 6K miles on it this summer. I loved it, I had ridden a 500CC old cafe (kick start only) for a while and then decided I wanted something a little bigger and more comfortable, the second I laid eyes on the FZ6 I loved it, and then I fell even further in love with the price. Since owning it, I have installed the aluminum 2Bros M-2 V.A.L.E. Slip-On exhaust and completed a 520 Chain conversion with an RK X-Ring Chain (gold) and a Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket and also a Supersprox Front Sprocket completing my -1/+2 conversion. I love the way the bike sounds, I will be purchasing the 3-4 dB killers as my next addition but I am looking to continue to further this motorcycles performance and raise the bar for a sport touring yamaha. I am not into "bling" right now, I want performance. The power improvement is satisfactory with the exhaust and 520 conversion, but there is more...for god sakes we are working with an R6 motor here! Anyway, I will be working with a juice box and then upgrading my braking system.

Now that you know what I have planned, let me tell you what I think about how this FZ6 is gonna turn out. I want it lighter, I am not spending $800 on alumnum rearsets if what I have is good, but I want to nullify the things that make this bike a little heavy or bulky. I want to downsize the mirrors, and windshield. I would really benefit from a new swingarm I believe but don't think that's in my immediate future.

I want your input, this will be a street bike, not a track bike, but honestly, I don't mind if you have ideas for a few track upgrades that I can do tastefully. I have done all of the modifications so far myself, and plan on continuing that trend. Whatever the task (re-wiring, or adding or removing parts) I will do what I can to tackle it correctly. Thanks for your input and I will have some pictures of the bike up here later. Oh and uh...I think it would be great to give the bike a paint job, I was thinking panels and billets (fighter jet style) or something. Thanks again everyone, this is a great site, I look forward to the input.