FZ6 Frame Sliders

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Careful of these. They do not have aluminum inserts thus you cannot torque them to the factory 40 ft lbs Yahama requests of the engine mount and, because you are tightening against pure Delrin, it will compress and likely loosen. They do look good but they are not as functional as a better quality slider.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are looking for sliders I would reccomend motovation.... their quality & customer service is first rate!

Motovation is the way to go. They use grade 8 cap screws instead of a bolt. The bolts are the correct length and will probably not snap in a crash. They are about $60.00 but well worth the cost.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
When I installed my motavations I did not like the way they pressed tight against the frame so I used the washer from the original bolt on the inside end, so from the bike outwards, washer, frameslider, washer, bolt.

It gave it a tiny bit of room from the frame this way.

Z

zoomman

When I installed my motavations I did not like the way they pressed tight against the frame so I used the washer from the original bolt on the inside end, so from the bike outwards, washer, frameslider, washer, bolt.

It gave it a tiny bit of room from the frame this way.

Interesting..anyone else do this and would this mess up the integerity of the install? just curious before i do the install.

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the Short version of these, come with washers and that help and I torqued them down with out any problem, heck they even withstood a parked falling down incident with out any damage.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the Short version of these, come with washers and that help and I torqued them down with out any problem, heck they even withstood a parked falling down incident with out any damage.

What did you torque them to (ft lbs)?

Also, FWIW, the cheap money is on the Shogun sliders. Delrin with aluminum inserts. Seem to be well made and installed without issues. They were part of the ebay bundle I won when bidding for the comfort seat. Since my Protek sliders are STILL on back order, I used these and cancelled the Protek. :D

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Interesting..anyone else do this and would this mess up the integerity of the install? just curious before i do the install.

I thought about that and showed a Mechanic and he agreed with me. He said that is what he would do. I just did not like the way the wide part fit against the frame when tighten down, figured if I ever wanted to remove them the frame would have a big mark from them.

Pictures of the gap left.

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it was like 38lbs or something cant recall. but no prob and they look nice on top of it. I know they wont do much if I fall over 30mph but Im sure I got more to worry about falling at that speed.

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
What did you torque them to (ft lbs)?

Also, FWIW, the cheap money is on the Shogun sliders. Delrin with aluminum inserts. Seem to be well made and installed without issues. They were part of the ebay bundle I won when bidding for the comfort seat. Since my Protek sliders are STILL on back order, I used these and cancelled the Protek. :D

Hey I was bidding against you for that package. Since I had a 05 I was going to sell the windshield and keep the seat and sliders.

Z

zoomman

I thought about that and showed a Mechanic and he agreed with me. He said that is what he would do. I just did not like the way the wide part fit against the frame when tighten down, figured if I ever wanted to remove them the frame would have a big mark from them.

Pictures of the gap left.

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

nice pics...going to do the install tonight after the kids are in bed!

Z

zoomman

Any suggestions or tool used in getting the frame bolt loose. I'm pretty much at half strengh in the wrists since the accident.:eek:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I was bidding against you for that package. Since I had a 05 I was going to sell the windshield and keep the seat and sliders.

Are you the one I sniped with 4 seconds left to bid? Sry dude! :D

I sold the screen and put the seat and sliders on. I'm not wanting the bar risers either. Just haven't put them in the classifieds yet.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of Uncaged Sliders, apparently they have held up very well in crashes..........but their customer service level on a scale from 1 to 10, I would give them a one. I've sent them 4 e-mails, never got a response. I think they are going out of business if you look at their website.