FZ1 Bar and Ebay Bar Risers...a good deal?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Risers look perfectly nice. I wouldn't hesitate to get them if I was looking for a set.

Never heard of titanium bar for FZ1. It should be quite a bit lighter than steel, but still provide good vibration damping. Honestly though, I'd rather go with regular steel FZ1 bar.
If you're set on it, I would just confirm with the seller that it has threaded inserts for OEM bar ends.

njbill

Reaction score
Visit site
"May require cable adjustments or new cables depending on how much slack is left on the current cables."

I am a new member looking for risers that do exactly what these advertise. However, I do not want to purchase new cables. Anyone know if this is too much movement for the stock cables?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"May require cable adjustments or new cables depending on how much slack is left on the current cables."

I am a new member looking for risers that do exactly what these advertise. However, I do not want to purchase new cables. Anyone know if this is too much movement for the stock cables?

I've seen 1" up and 1" back with stock cables. Those riders with FZ1 bar would almost certainly NOT require new cables.

njbill

Reaction score
Visit site
Ebay Bar Risers installed

I received these risers ultra fast. They installed in about five minutes. I am very happy with the fit and finish and, more important, the comfort provided by an upright seating position. :thumbup:

IMAG0350.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

Goes nicely with my Corbin seat. :D
NewFZ6-2.jpg

Last edited:

Normanlai

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Ebay Bar Risers installed

I received these risers ultra fast. They installed in about five minutes. I am very happy with the fit and finish and, more important, the comfort provided by an upright seating position. :thumbup:

Hi, thanks for the pics. It looks good. i'm almost gonna click the buy it now button.

Can you please do me a favour, is the tank still easy to open with this new riser? or do you have to remove the riser because its blocking the tank's path?

(next mod: possibly the fz1 bar? i like my new bar :) )
thank you so much.

njbill

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Ebay Bar Risers installed

Ironically, I lifted the tank today to wire a relay to the battery. You do not have to remove the bars our risers to lift the front of the tank. It just clears them.

Hi, thanks for the pics. It looks good. i'm almost gonna click the buy it now button.

Can you please do me a favour, is the tank still easy to open with this new riser? or do you have to remove the riser because its blocking the tank's path?

(next mod: possibly the fz1 bar? i like my new bar :) )
thank you so much.

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
For some reason the tank "just" catches on my bars. But the simple fix is to remove the bolt holding tank from rear and slide tank back before I pull up. Takes 2 minutes longer and very easy. Well worth it for the risers.

njbill

Reaction score
Visit site
For some reason the tank "just" catches on my bars. But the simple fix is to remove the bolt holding tank from rear and slide tank back before I pull up. Takes 2 minutes longer and very easy. Well worth it for the risers.

The rear tank mount has some flex in it. You can move the front tank mounting tabs to the side enough to clear the riser mounts. I have done this twice so far and never had to remove anything but the two front bolts. :thumbup:

Normanlai

Reaction score
Visit site

thanks. appears that we have mixed feedback.. Maybe it has to do with the rotation of the handlebar.