fuel injection remapping

jsalman93

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. I have an 06 fz6 (faster blue model :rockon:). I've got a leo vince exhaust that goes from the midpipe out (removed cat). I was wondering if i might need to remap my fuel injection, either through a power commander or by reflashing the ecu. I'm not too interested in getting more power, more so in weight Reduction and a better sound over stock (more power is always cool though). I also am not too huge on the idea of Leaning out my bike over the life of it. Any ideas on that?

Sent from a mobile phone from someone with fat-ass fingers , so i apologize for any typos in advance

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I don't believe an 06 will. The 04-06 didn't have an oxygen sensor, so there are no fuel trims or correction that could be made based on exhaust content. The 07-09 did have an O2 sensor, but if they're like cars they're only monitored in closed loop (wide open throttle is not considered closed loop, so they would be ignored).

You can adjust the mixture on the bike without having to buy anything. There are a number of threads laying around here about CO adjustments. Here's a good one, but there are others as well...

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/30125-enable-co-adjustment-usa-only-lean-richen.html

jsalman93

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't believe an 06 will. The 04-06 didn't have an oxygen sensor, so there are no fuel trims or correction that could be made based on exhaust content. The 07-09 did have an O2 sensor, but if they're like cars they're only monitored in closed loop (wide open throttle is not considered closed loop, so they would be ignored).

You can adjust the mixture on the bike without having to buy anything. There are a number of threads laying around here about CO adjustments. Here's a good one, but there are others as well...

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/30125-enable-co-adjustment-usa-only-lean-richen.html

I took a look at it, doesn't seem to extensive. A few questions though:

Does the wire need to remained grounded all of the time?
Is there any setting that would just compensate for the pipe and have what would be stock air/fuel ratio?

Sorry if any of them are noob questions, I just don't know too much about adjusting the ratio

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
iirc the co level has a different numerical value for each bike from the factory...
the wire does have to remain grounded as long as you want to be able to access the CO settings....
if it reverts to stock settings once it has been ungrounded is another question...one I dont have an answer for..(i think this is actually what you were asking?)

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
iirc the co level has a different numerical value for each bike from the factory...
the wire does have to remain grounded as long as you want to be able to access the CO settings....
if it reverts to stock settings once it has been ungrounded is another question...one I dont have an answer for..(i think this is actually what you were asking?)

I tried this, removed the ground, started the bike, turned the bike off, reconnected the ground, checked the settings and they were the same as I set them, they did not reset. So you only need to ground it to set it.

Edit: I should check it now after I put my battery back in to see if they are still set.

jsalman93

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried this, removed the ground, started the bike, turned the bike off, reconnected the ground, checked the settings and they were the same as I set them, they did not reset. So you only need to ground it to set it.

Edit: I should check it now after I put my battery back in to see if they are still set.

If you could double check it and let me know that would be awesome, that way I wouldn't have to do it twice :).

so you basically ground out that wire, don't plug it back in (or do, idk), set the adjustments to about 18-20 up (running a leo vince exhaust with cat eliminated) and then replug the connector and drive it?

jsalman93

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah basically I was just wondering if I ground the wire on the frame, set the adjustments, and then plug the connector back, or if i need to keep the connector grounded, cause then how would I put the connector back on (i hope my question makes sense)

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Re: fuel injection remapping

If you could double check it and let me know that would be awesome, that way I wouldn't have to do it twice .

so you basically ground out that wire, don't plug it back in (or do, idk), set the adjustments to about 18-20 up (running a leo vince exhaust with cat eliminated) and then replug the connector and drive it?

Just checked. They were at 20 which I believe is where I set them last year.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Once the numbers are changed, their set. As noted above, you have to have it grounded to make the changes. You should record your ORIGINAL #'s before you change anything, just in case..

The Europeon models I believe don't need any mods to adjust the CO settings, its accesable from the factory.

For the FJR models (in the US), they've been changing the CO #'s for years, called the "Barbarian Mod" as he figured it out.