Front end vagueness & decel wobble

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been noticing increased "vagueness" in the front end. This weekend after 750 miles of riding, I also noticed a considerable deceleration wobble. Going down a hill at 50mph if I let go of the handlebars they wobbled back and forth a lot well decellerating. I didn't notice any shake or shimmy as long as my hand were on the handlebars.

Before the weekend I took the top clamp off and checked the top bearing nuts, and they were tight.

Any ideas what I should look for?

Thanks,

John

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Check the forks... are they even in the triples? Same amount showing up top (or flush). Lower steering head bearing? Is the brake rotor warped?

And all of thee above...

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I've been noticing increased "vagueness" in the front end. This weekend after 750 miles of riding, I also noticed a considerable deceleration wobble. Going down a hill at 50mph if I let go of the handlebars they wobbled back and forth a lot well decellerating. I didn't notice any shake or shimmy as long as my hand were on the handlebars.

Before the weekend I took the top clamp off and checked the top bearing nuts, and they were tight.

Any ideas what I should look for?

Thanks,

John

I'm going to guess that it's something you did to the bike before you rode it.... if you took the top triple clamp off and reassembeled it, there's a (small) chance, something is amiss in that process.

Other than that, like has been said... look at inflation, balance, fork tube misalignment.... Tire wear can cause a mild hands free wobble at times, as well. How many miles on the tires, now?