Front Brake Pads Rattling!!

Fz6Daveg

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone please tell me if i have a problem with my Front brakes?

They are loose and when i go over any speed bumps / pot holes etc they rattle really bad.
I ride with Filtered earplugs all the time and i can still hear them :(

They were changed on my last service. Since then i thought it was my Radiator cover, something under the tank like the battery or loose airbox etc but i found it the other day by banging the forks with my fist.

Please advise if they should be refitted, they work really well and much better than ever before.

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to assume by "brakes" you mean your brake pads. They really shouldn't be that loose. At least not enough to rattle. Do they look like they were installed correctly i.e. look like they are both aligned with each other in the same slot? Is one of the pucks stuck behind one of the pads allowing it to move around freely? Can you tell which pad is doing the rattling? That would be where I would start. Just zeroing in on where exactly it is coming from and working from there.

cdnSTIG

Reaction score
Visit site
i think the person installed the silver brake pad hold down clip wrong. it should not be loose. it should be pressing against the brake pads. take a picture and we could tell you for sure.

Martinezmr89

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same problem!!
If you find put please let me know!!

Does anyone know how to do an r6 fork swap on an 05 fz6?