Fried cages #3 cylinder

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
So last week my car broke down on the way to work. Had to get it towed and all that fun stuff. I got the fuel filter changed which was packed solid. Lets just say theres 215,000 on the car and it was the original filter. Well after that I also had my exhaust fixed since the flex pipe broke. So $500 later I find out my #3 cyclinder is cracked and my car is pretty much undriveable. Thats all I need now. I use my car for work. without it I cant make the money to fix it. Anyone have a 2.4l engine for a 97 cavalier lying around lol. Just wanted to get this off my chest

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So last week my car broke down on the way to work. Had to get it towed and all that fun stuff. I got the fuel filter changed which was packed solid. Lets just say theres 215,000 on the car and it was the original filter. Well after that I also had my exhaust fixed since the flex pipe broke. So $500 later I find out my #3 cyclinder is cracked and my car is pretty much undriveable. Thats all I need now. I use my car for work. without it I cant make the money to fix it. Anyone have a 2.4l engine for a 97 cavalier lying around lol. Just wanted to get this off my chest

I feel your pain...nothing worse than the old workhorse going bang on ya! Hope you can get it fixed, and back on the road, as quickly, and more importantly, as cheaply as possible!

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea...at least it gives me an excuse to ride the bike more. Looking for a new job that I dont have to use my own car lol. Also so I could ride everyday to work :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea...at least it gives me an excuse to ride the bike more. Looking for a new job that I dont have to use my own car lol. Also so I could ride everyday to work :)

Sounds like a good plan, and at least you will save money on petrol, have more fun, and get a park a lot easier.

:thumbup:

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Riding year round in Yonkers NY? Ugg... GL. have you looked at junkyards in the area to see if there is a motor available?

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
Yonkers isnt too bad. I usually end up riding up north more though. Havent really searched for engines yet. Im having a mechanic that i trust look around first and see what he could find

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Damit- cages are a necessary evil.
Passing positive Mojo to your mechanic's effort, good luck getting back on the road.