Free tethering on my AT&T phone!

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally got tethering working on my Galaxy S4! I was able to use it on my Galaxy note but when I switched over to the s4 att had it so locked down that I did not think I was going to be able to crack it lol. I can not believe that att charges people to be able to use tethering! A lot of people are having issues getting it to work with the latest att software updates but I was finally able to get it working.

Here is a how to vid if anyone else is having the same problem. It should work for non att galaxy s3 and s4 phones as well even if they have the latest version of kit kat on them. It is a pretty simple mod once you figure it out.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxPdIxIZX4c[/ame]

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I "chatted" with ATT customer service yesterday to see if I could get the tethering. It is "free" with their specific data packages. However, I have had ATT since the first iPhone came out and have kept my original unlimited data. So OF COURSE I can't have tethering unless I give up that (which aint gonna happen, haha) original data package.

I am afraid to crack the phone because I'm sure they would use that as an opportunity to boot me off the unlimited data package!

Glad you got yours to work though!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure its means of using your phone as Wifi connection for like say you laptop so you don't have to pay for InterWeb access fees. So it burns down data from the carrier. Androids have it as "Mobile Hot Spot"

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dumb question: what's tethering?

Basically you use your phone as a wireless router and it lets you get on the internet from your laptop or tablet. It works just like the wifi at your house, just turn on the tether app and then surf the net from your tablet/laptop/etc.

It is nice to have when out on the road, I use it all the time.

shannim

Reaction score
Visit site
I "chatted" with ATT customer service yesterday to see if I could get the tethering. It is "free" with their specific data packages. However, I have had ATT since the first iPhone came out and have kept my original unlimited data. So OF COURSE I can't have tethering unless I give up that (which aint gonna happen, haha) original data package.

I am afraid to crack the phone because I'm sure they would use that as an opportunity to boot me off the unlimited data package!

Glad you got yours to work though!

I'm grandfathered in on my Unlimited Data plan with AT&T as well on my iPhone, and you would think that logically since I already have unlimited data, tethering shouldn't cost anymore! There are times I really wish I could tether because sometimes LTE at my house works better than my TWC internet.