Free mods rule!

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Painted my stock windshield and I really like it. I also trimmed my rear hugger back and put a pretty cool point on it! Didn't cost a cent, got the plastic paint from the paint bin at work, hee hee.:thumbup: Here is some pics:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I reckon the hugger looks ok, but i think the point is a bit too extreme...

just my 2 cents....

FZ6 does look cool without the hugger, but then your chain is exposed, which is quite dangerous really!

I am actually looking to get a dedicated chain guard, and bin the hugger for good.

:thumbup:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
My eyes are playing tricks on me..... Is the point on the hugger centred or off centre?

10 points for being different. Not sure if I'd do it myself though.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hugger looks like a Batman design. Be cool to continue that theme for the whole bike!:rockon:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 does look cool without the hugger, but then your chain is exposed, which is quite dangerous really!

I am actually looking to get a dedicated chain guard, and bin the hugger for good.

:thumbup:

Same here. Let us know what you find.

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
This one has been around for a while and actually has several manufacturing options available:
FZ6*04-09*Chain*Guard*::...

Then again, anyone with a metal brake could make a custom one of these things in no time! :thumbup:

I'm gonna take the pic to my local vocational school and see if they can make something similar for me. I really think that would look awesome without the hugger.

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Painted my stock windshield and I really like it. I also trimmed my rear hugger back and put a pretty cool point on it! Didn't cost a cent, got the plastic paint from the paint bin at work, hee hee.:thumbup: Here is some pics:

That looks awesome. Was thinking of blacking out the windshield myself. Plastic paint, you say? Anything special needs to be done? Or can I just follow the How to Paint guide from the How-to forum? Thanks!

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks awesome. Was thinking of blacking out the windshield myself. Plastic paint, you say? Anything special needs to be done? Or can I just follow the How to Paint guide from the How-to forum? Thanks!

Thanks! You have to use a paint that will bond with the plastic, Krylon Fusion is a good paint, I used Plastikotes plastic paint. My wife didn't see the point of painting the windshield. "Well now you cant see through it, ya silly!" You dont have to prep the windshield, clean dry and warm is all.

Yes its centerd Sith, it just looks uneven from the side, beleive me I took it off five times to make sure!

Last edited:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think I'll ever remove the hugger, have you ever felt how much dirt is under there?
grease from the chain, ordinary dirt and whatever you drive over. If I'd remove the hugger all that stuff would fly up and hit my akra titanium exhausts...