Frame slider bolts??

brico

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

now that i fell and slightly damaged my bike i decided (a bit too late) to install frame sliders, in fact i think of extended ones (4" long). Local Yamaha sells them for $100-150 while similar could be found on e-Bay for $30 shipped however I noted that all those on e-Bay come with galvanized bolts with hexagonal head and not Stainless Steel socket head that are tightened with allen wrench? Considering these are important bolts attaching engine to the frame i am somewhat reluctant going for galvanized bolts?
Any suggestions?

:confused:

Last edited:

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
Cyclesector has a group buy on right now on shogun. IMO spend the money and buy quality. It's cheaper in the long run.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can (unfortunately) personally vouch for the effectiveness of the Shogun sliders.

As per the other sliders...as long as you torque the bolt to spec, I don't see where the difference would be with the bolt itself..only difference could be the strength of the material for the actual slider.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Another fan of the T-Rex Sliders. Lowsided at about 30 or so, and pretty much the only damage I have are light scratches on various parts, ie. left headlight shroud/mole, crankcase cover, left rear peg, and left rear side cover. And all that I can fix pretty easily. I would have hated to see what happened if I didn't have the sliders. Plus, you can't beat 25 dollars shipped.