Formula 1 Moto GP Austin

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode my XR1200x to see the progress on the new F1 track in Austin TX. I just hope that the F1 and Moto GP races are in the early spring or late fall, it get's very Hot here in the summer.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Calendars indicate the F1 and Moto GP will be held in the June/July timeframe, it will definitely be toasty but no different than the races held in the Middle East or Singapore where heat and humidity is normal.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode my XR1200x to see the progress on the new F1 track in Austin TX. I just hope that the F1 and Moto GP races are in the early spring or late fall, it get's very Hot here in the summer.

Nice!!!!!!!!

I'll be there next year

We'll have to wait until November or so when next year calendar will take shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!!!!!!!!

I'll be there next year

We'll have to wait until November or so when next year calendar will take shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F1 starts in 2012 Moto GP in 2013 . I'm sure that will be other races too both cars and bikes plus motorcycle track days.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Im going to the inaugural F1 race in '12. Im a Formula 1 fan. I hope they pull in more people than Indy did.

It's a corporate sponsorship gig to a large part (F1). Many people don't/can't cough up the $400-$500 for a 3 or 4 day pass in the Grandstands + parking and concessions and hotel/food if you are coming from out of town. It's not a cheap event. Many F1's around the world struggle to attract general public fans. It's just too expensive except for die hard fanatics of F1 and Moto GP and I'm not sure how many of them there are in the USA who will want to travel to TX in the summertime.

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
anytime from June 1 to September 30 the temps will be 98 to 108 . I live in Austin and I would rather watch it on TV ,than spend a lot of money and deal with the heat and traffic.

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a corporate sponsorship gig to a large part (F1). Many people don't/can't cough up the $400-$500 for a 3 or 4 day pass in the Grandstands + parking and concessions and hotel/food if you are coming from out of town. It's not a cheap event. Many F1's around the world struggle to attract general public fans. It's just too expensive except for die hard fanatics of F1 and Moto GP and I'm not sure how many of them there are in the USA who will want to travel to TX in the summertime.

I got general admission on the grass at indy, 3 day pass was like $180, Nurburgring cost me $225 Euro about $300 in '07 for a sweet seat at turn 1.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Do you know if they serve fried jackalope sandwiches there! :rof::rof:

Have to admit that will be cool to have that near you.
Like your bike! :rockon:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site

It is a lot. I went to the Aussie F1 last year for the first time. $300- for a 4 day Grandstand ticket. However with ample grass hills, you can get tickets from only $39.00. Well worth to see them live. Completely different than on TV. Yet to see MotoGP live though:(