Following my wife

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
A short little video of my wife on her Vstar 650. It was about a 50 mile roundtrip with speeds up to 65mph which is a big step for her. First use of my $5 camaera mount and I found I need to get some dampening materials. Not great quality but for literally $5 and using my normal digital camera it isn't too bad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XlFmDKXY4Y]YouTube - LA on bike[/ame]

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ironic! You have the FZ6 and she has a V Star 650.... I have an FZ6 and my wife has a V Star 650 as well! :thumbup:

Not bad for the $5 mount! :D

S

sm00thpapa

Can't watch the video at work. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

necrotimus

Reaction score
Visit site
Ironic! You have the FZ6 and she has a V Star 650.... I have an FZ6 and my wife has a V Star 650 as well! :thumbup:

Not bad for the $5 mount! :D

Yeah but now my wife wants to try riding my bike "to see the differences" I think she has plans to steal it or move to a dual sport. She tore it up in MSF class on the dirtbike.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah but now my wife wants to try riding my bike "to see the differences" I think she has plans to steal it or move to a dual sport. She tore it up in MSF class on the dirtbike.

:D How tall is she? Can she flat-foot the fizzer?

My wife tried my 2005 FZ6. Less than two hours off the truck after buying it and it was on its side. :( I did all I could to discourage her but she was determined. She felt really bad though and I was very kind and didn't mention the bike, only asked if she was OK. (It was when she stopped and tried to turn the bike around, it just started tipping and she's NOWHERE near strong enough to hold it and was on tip-toes.) She has never asked again and certainly didn't get on the '08 Fizz when that came home.

I really think she'd like to have a sportbike but finding one her size that she can handle has proved impossible. I might surprise her one day and get a used SV650 and install the lowering links then drop the triples on the forks... I've seen them dropped up to 3" so I'm hoping she can handle that one day.

Good luck! Hope you can find her one that fits!

necrotimus

Reaction score
Visit site
:D How tall is she? Can she flat-foot the fizzer?

My wife tried my 2005 FZ6. Less than two hours off the truck after buying it and it was on its side. :( I did all I could to discourage her but she was determined. She felt really bad though and I was very kind and didn't mention the bike, only asked if she was OK. (It was when she stopped and tried to turn the bike around, it just started tipping and she's NOWHERE near strong enough to hold it and was on tip-toes.) She has never asked again and certainly didn't get on the '08 Fizz when that came home.

I really think she'd like to have a sportbike but finding one her size that she can handle has proved impossible. I might surprise her one day and get a used SV650 and install the lowering links then drop the triples on the forks... I've seen them dropped up to 3" so I'm hoping she can handle that one day.

Good luck! Hope you can find her one that fits!

She is 5'10" and was addicted to harleys. The only harley in our price range was the sportster which she didn't like because it was too small. We wanted to get her a lighter bike but she felt too cramped on the smaller cruisers so her first bike is the 650. She has ridden mine a few times in the parking lot and has been asking about riding it again. She keeps telling me I look sexy on her bike when I have to move it to get to mine. She's crazy if she thinks I will fall for that.

I think she just realizes even though she loves the look of a cruiser that a sports bike will be easier for her to learn on. I am all for it and tried to steer her that way from the beginning. I keep showing her pictures of nakeds but I dunno she is such a hard sell.

She just told me I could buy the FZ6 thats FS in michigan for her. LOL Anyone want to assume payments on a Vstar ;)