fixed the fuel gauge now bike wont start

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
ok so i fixed my fuel gage problem...the floater came off the unti...but now the bike wont turn over... fuel pump goes on...got it to turn over once but it died out...any ideas?

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
It sounds like air in the fuel line up to the manifold and injectors.

Hold your throttle about 1/3-1/2 open and keep it there. Hit the starter button, keep it engaged until it starts. Don't change throttle position, it will stumble and surge, it might even stall once. Restart if needed but hold a consistent 1/3-1/2 throttle. It will eventually clear in 10-20 seconds and run fine from then on.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you PLEASE keep all the posts to this problem under your original post? I answered the earlier post with no response.

It would makes it considerably easier for thise trying to help over the internet............

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It sounds like air in the fuel line up to the manifold and injectors.

Hold your throttle about 1/3-1/2 open and keep it there. Hit the starter button, keep it engaged until it starts. Don't change throttle position, it will stumble and surge, it might even stall once. Restart if needed but hold a consistent 1/3-1/2 throttle. It will eventually clear in 10-20 seconds and run fine from then on.

Your above post WAS mentioned earlier (by myself) in his other (same bike/problem) post....