First Service Cost for old oil disposal!

pipnash

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,
Bought myself a new FZ6 S2 a few weeks ago and have just taken it in for its first service. Cant believe there was a charge of £3.50 (inc VAT) to dispose of my old oil!!! Anyone else had this charge added?
I know its only £3.50 but what a rip off considering most garages have companies that collect the oil for free to re cycle it.

Ride Safe
Phil

PS Been riding for over 30 years and have to say I love the Fazer to bits, should have got one years ago :thumbup:

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,
Bought myself a new FZ6 S2 a few weeks ago and have just taken it in for its first service. Cant believe there was a charge of £3.50 (inc VAT) to dispose of my old oil!!! Anyone else had this charge added?
I know its only £3.50 but what a rip off considering most garages have companies that collect the oil for free to re cycle it.

Ride Safe
Phil

PS Been riding for over 30 years and have to say I love the Fazer to bits, should have got one years ago :thumbup:

Big rip off, cost me £14 so far after just having my forth service. Great choice of bike loved every minute on mine. :D

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
You could dispose of the oil yourself at your local civic amenity waste/recycling site. Maybe you could ask the dealer to put your used oil in a container and give it back to you? Then you can drive all the way to the CA site, spend your own time and money on fuel and dispose of it for 'free'...;)

You could save even more money and service the bike yourself - dealer services are just a rip off in my opinion anyway. Changing the oil has to be one of the easiest jobs to do on the bike! :thumbup:

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
You could dispose of the oil yourself at your local civic amenity waste/recycling site. Maybe you could ask the dealer to put your used oil in a container and give it back to you? Then you can drive all the way to the CA site, spend your own time and money on fuel and dispose of it for 'free'...;)

You could save even more money and service the bike yourself - dealer services are just a rip off in my opinion anyway. Changing the oil has to be one of the easiest jobs to do on the bike! :thumbup:

Can't agree more, now my Warranty has run out i will be doing my own service now. :rockon: