First music single you bought!

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at lazamus69 thread what was the number one when you were born I was just wondering what was the first music single you bought?

Mine was brick in the wall by Pink Floyd. way back in 1979. :rockon:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5VtAWS8jaE"]YouTube - Pink Floyd: Another Brick in the Wall Part 2[/ame]

I think the first single I bought was a CD, Insomnia by faithless. So I was a little pirate when I was a kid, wasn't buying original stuff :D

I didn't buy singles for a long time; thought it was a waste of a tape case (I grew up between records and CDs).

The first one I did buy though was Creep by Radiohead.

I have never bought a single in my life. The very first album I bought was Europe's self-titled album when I was 10 years old in 1989.

"Hangin' Tough" by New Kids on the Block. :eek: Not cool!

That was a hard lesson to learn in the 3rd grade!

I think the first single I bought was a CD, Insomnia by faithless. So I was a little pirate when I was a kid, wasn't buying original stuff :D

Insomnia, probably one of the best club hits ever released. If I remeber correct mine was Careless Wisper by George Michael.

:mad: Damn Kids! My first single was on 45 rpm vinyl! :Flip:

:D I think it was "Crimson & Clover", Tommy James and the Shondells.

My first was Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morisette. I still love it, but now the songs are on my iPod

Mine was a whole CD, but that very quickly changed...I am a child of the Napster era :D

Last edited:
Never bought a single until iTunes but the first TAPE I bought was Foreigner 4. First RECORD (this was during tape/record transition) after that was Rush - Signals. Had a Rush 3/4 sleeve Signals concert shirt that I think I wore every day for a year. Wish I still had it. Saw them in New Orleans this past June and it would have come in handy.

The first single i bought was Joan Jett's & the Blackhearts - I love Rock & Roll!

Still got it, still like it!

:spank::rockon:

It was 83 and I was an 11 yr old little rocker( jean-jacket with the Iron Maiden 'Number of the Beast' back-patch) and I was at a swap-meet and my sisters boyfriend(they were 5 years older than me) pulled an album out from the stack and said these guys rule!!! I bought it on the spot just to be 'cool'. Turns out he was right...the album kicks ass.....

motorhead-ace_of_spades-frontal.jpg

The 1st single i bought was this one :thumbup:

[nomedia="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rDfIOr1ByIc"]YouTube - Ugly Kid Joe - Everything About You: Version W[/nomedia]

And the 1st album was AC/DC TNT :rockon:

C&C Music factory, not proud of it but every now and they they will play a song in the background of a movie or something and i recognize it right off the bat.

I was 6 or 7 and my parents bought for me Rhinestone Cowboy (not sure of title) by Glen Campbell. I was a wanna be cowboy back then. BTW it was a 45 single

well it was ............................. Give us a kiss for Christmas by Pinky and Perky.

Well I was only 5

Last edited:
Back