First mod on my '08

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
Got some T-Rex slider action for the black beauty today. I went out to the mailbox this morning and there they were. I didn't even make it back into the house before installing them. Three minutes later, all finished.

P1010212.jpg

P1010213.jpg

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
24 USD shipped from ebay. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well they are hidden among the business of the bike. I think I might get the swing arm sliders next (after my exhaust).

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
very nice! smart to do that mod too... i will get to it one of these days...
Same here. :shakehead:

Chokeslam,
Did you just tighten them down or did you use a torque wrench? I've heard torque specs mentioned and I'm wondering how important it is in this case..

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
Same here. :shakehead:

Chokeslam,
Did you just tighten them down or did you use a torque wrench? I've heard torque specs mentioned and I'm wondering how important it is in this case..

I just tightened them down. I know I probably should have used a torque wrench but since I don't have one that was a little difficult.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
whenever i get around to getting some for mine i will probably torque them, but be aware that some people have stripped out the hole using the torque specs on some because the bolts are a bit too short...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just tightened them down. I know I probably should have used a torque wrench but since I don't have one that was a little difficult.

Make sure you read your TQ wrench correctly when you do. Don't mix up inch pounds with FOOT pounds. A several folks stripped out the threads in their engine! Oops! Blue Locktite is an nice thing to add to your threads too, just to be safe. :thumbup:

fzwing

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! :thumbup:
I have a pair of sliders on order that should be here soon.
My "first" mod was the 1 inch up & back bar risers with some grip puppies.
Its fun decking out an new bike..

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! :thumbup:
I have a pair of sliders on order that should be here soon.
My "first" mod was the 1 inch up & back bar risers with some grip puppies.
Its fun decking out an new bike..

Got that right, nothing more discouraging than pulling apart and older bike and finding rust, broken or missing (or incorrect) bolts and sloppy wiring "fixes" *cough*1982 GS1100E *cough*