Finding these stock Dunlop Sportmax D252 tires awesome!

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site
There's 15k KMs on em and they're still going. They also perform so well, cold and hot.

When it's time, I'm thinking of just replacing them with the same, but I hear that the manufacturer OEM D252 has better rubber than the ones you buy through regulars shops and they don't last long at all :(

qutytasu.jpg

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I liked them too, when I first got my bike. As time went by and my street skills got better, I found that tire very slippery. The front tire scalloped bad, to the point that it felt like a dirt bike tire. I'll bump the PR2's, just so impressed with them.

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site
I liked them too, when I first got my bike. As time went by and my street skills got better, I found that tire very slippery. The front tire scalloped bad, to the point that it felt like a dirt bike tire. I'll bump the PR2's, just so impressed with them.

Hard to find any PR2's anymore... I heard that the PR3's are a little squirmy, the PR4's are supposedly better, but I don't like the look of em and hardly ever ride in the rain.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hard to find any PR2's anymore... I heard that the PR3's are a little squirmy, the PR4's are supposedly better, but I don't like the look of em and hardly ever ride in the rain.

I had no trouble finding them, but maybe that's just down here. Another option is the Bridgestone T30, I almost went with them, just didn't see enough reviews to make me jump the fence.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I've put about 2000 miles on my pr4's since getting them 2 weeks ago. I have not experienced any squirmyness. They're a stable tire at speed and perform well in twisties, highway, under hard acceleration and braking. Function over form. Even if they don't look "pretty" Michelin is claiming high mileage out of the 4's; this alone makes them appealing as it'll save money in the long run. I'm a frequent rain rider, too, so this is just another plus for me.

+1 on t30 as an option

Last edited:

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've put about 2000 miles on my pr4's since getting them 2 weeks ago. I have not experienced and squirmyness. They're a stable tire at speed and perform well in twisties, highway, under hard acceleration and braking. Function over form. Even if they don't look "pretty" Michelin is claiming high mileage out of the 4's; this alone makes them appealing as it'll save money in the long run. I'm a frequent rain rider, too, so this is just another plus for me.

+1 on t30 as an option

This is what I had been reading about them elsewhere. I am also planning on getting a pair of these and while they don't look great they are supposedly some of the best tires ever made for all weather touring style riding. Like Tejkowskit I love long rides through beautiful places which often comes with unexpected storms so its good to be prepared for them.