Finally Pulled the Trigger.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well yesterday after years of debating, I finally bought a new 07 Candy Red FZ6. Unfortunately, it is 10 F :( here in WI so the dealer will keep it crated until April.

This forum was a blessing for finally narrowing down the decision, so thanks!!

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome .....just be patient my friend ,couple more weeks and we will be riding again :rockon:

right color choice too,,congratulations :thumbup:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
April? Get out! Have you considered moving? (just kidding). Maybe I'll think about you next ride in CA when weather is half decent (not rainy but not f'ing freezing either). Maybe you could trailer/ship it to a southern state and ride today?

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! And yes I have thought of moving to a warmer climate, but winter has some opportunities for fun also*. It's just that the sales are on now, so that is the penalty I pay for buying off season, but hey I saved $1500 on the bike!! So I can wait for spring, sort of:p.

* Fun in winter: downhill and X country skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing (actually most of the time, starring at a hole in the ice), and in March maple syruping.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
You're from WI and you forgot about apple picking in the fall?

Congrats on the new bike. Quite a few of us in the midwest do a good amount of riding up in WI during the warmer months. We generally hit the area west of madison out by Blue Mound St. Park...think you'd ever want to join us?

Sucks that you can't even take the thing home. Do you have any mods planned such as frame sliders? Have you had other bikes previously?

J

jsteinb95

Welcome to the family! and congrats on the purchase. :thumbup:

Biker711

Reaction score
Visit site
wolfc70,
So how much did you pay, otd but not counting sales tax. I'm looking locally for similar bike.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice purchase, too bad you have to wait to ride it, i bought mine and rode it home, then rode it straight to storage. I haven't even seen it in about a month and a half :( i have to head over there and visit it...

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
DefyInertia; yes I have done the apple picking and cider making through most of my childhood, as my grandparents had an apple orchard. Blue Mound State Park is gorgeous in fall. I have also been over by Prairie Du Chien a few time on bikes. I live in the Fox Valley (flat and BORING), so most of my riding is in the Northern Kettle Moraine. Yes a ride may be a good idea.:thumbup: I currently own a 1981 Honda cx500c and a 1981 Honda C70 Passport. I have also had a Honda CM250 and a Rupp minibike as a kid. So I'm not exactly new at riding, but this is my first bike close to 100 HP.

Biker711; Sale price was $5599 plus docking and set up fees, so minus tax was like $5899 or so. All fees and taxes was $6246.32.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a good price, alright. I paid 6800 OTD (everything) for a 2007 in late November. I got to ride it home. That day the weather was beeautiful...I even took my jacket off. By the way, dealer wanted 800 less for a new 2006 FZ6. Today is looking real good: sunny bright, high temp around 55. I might go riding. I found 21st Century Ins reasonable: 100/300, comp, unins motorist, for $260 yearly (rate for insuring 2nd vehicle through them)

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Again, thanks for the warm welcome!:Flash: Yes I knew the price was good, which was mainly the final reason for the purchase. My insurance for 250/500 comp with uninsured and multi vehicle is $204 a year, so that was suprising too for my age (29).

I have not had any luck searching yet, but is there an oil thread? One that states what oil people are running and what is recomended? I have used Rotella T 15w-40 in the past with excellent results, and would likely run that for a few changes during break in. But what to run after say 1200 miles?
Thoughts, comments, suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Again, thanks for the warm welcome!:Flash: Yes I knew the price was good, which was mainly the final reason for the purchase. My insurance for 250/500 comp with uninsured and multi vehicle is $204 a year, so that was suprising too for my age (29).

I have not had any luck searching yet, but is there an oil thread? One that states what oil people are running and what is recomended? I have used Rotella T 15w-40 in the past with excellent results, and would likely run that for a few changes during break in. But what to run after say 1200 miles?
Thoughts, comments, suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

There is a oil thread on here somewhere. The best oil to run is up to you. Oil is a sore subject to alot of people. I personally have had good luck with castrol, yamalube, mobil 1. But theres somepeople that will say they had bad luck with those oils. I think whatever oil you have used and had good luck with stick with it. I just recently switched from yamalube to mobil 1 and the only diifrence I noticed was a little less oil consumption. Oh rotella is a good oil to and welcome.:thumbup:

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats for the new bike,,,,what a good feeling isnt it? i never can sleep the night before im getting my new toy!! :rockon:

jborlace

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new bike. If it makes you feel any better it will be in the mid 80s today in Texas where I live. I had to rub it in a little.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the comments, very much appreciated.
The reason for getting it early was the dealer was running out of room, and offered free delivery.

Here is the FZ6 with it's garage mates. (I know the garage is messy, it has been a long cold winter and everything kind of has slipped away from me).