Fender Eliminator Issue.

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought this fender eliminator along with a bunch of other parts this winter. It was great until this.. I have loc-tited this with the red stuff and still the bolt comes loose and the plate swings down. It ends up getting curled up like a tortilla wrap. Any suggestions? I'm thinking just zip ties, zip ties, and more zip ties. I have the Leo Vince system so anyone else care to chime in regarding what eliminator you are using. Thanks.
aa509062338bb6d11f723cb85480a025.jpg
c590dd66610d60ff51c2e9dc94a66715.jpg
9011e4bf64217dc5cf970553995c51b9.jpg

In the last image you can see the blue paint rubbed off. Probably going to cost me now to get a new plate since it's almost junk now. And repainting it will automatically fail inspection..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Perhaps drill a small hole through the bolt head and run some fine wire through it, to keep it from spinning off. As for sideways photos - rotate them on your PC first, and then upload them.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think he's referring to the MAIN tag bracket catching the rear tire and getting pulled underneath..

The threads have to spotless clean, brake cleaning fluid works well... Red is the good stuff...

Now, if the tag is still too close to the rear tire, (under full load-bottomed out, etc), its going to get grabbed again and pulled forward.

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure the bolts are not too long. If they bottom out they will never clamp the bracket.
They are the bolts that came with the kit. I cranked them down quite well the first time. Then took them out and put a good amount of red lock tite and tightened down again. It is still snug, but I think the vibrations are causing it to move just slightly to where the tire will grab it.

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
I think he's referring to the MAIN tag bracket catching the rear tire and getting pulled underneath..

The threads have to spotless clean, brake cleaning fluid works well... Red is the good stuff...

Now, if the tag is still too close to the rear tire, (under full load-bottomed out, etc), its going to get grabbed again and pulled forward.
The bolt were brand spankin new and I put a good amount of red on them the second time around. Hopefully after work I'll figure something out to stop it from moving again. This is the second time.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If the rear suspension is real soft, or you ride double up, that would allow the rear wheel to get that close to the tag and grab it.

Design wise, it should have been set back out sightly further to prevent contact. Not that you can address that BUT
if the rear shock is on the soft side, you may want to tighten it up some. That'd help but only till the tire / suspension
bottom out...

Can you re-drill the top bolt holes of the tag (keeping it legal- a visible), to raise it some (any amount would help)