Fazer comfort after 100 or so miles

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive racked up over 6000 miles on the fazer now, mosty rides of upto 100 miles at the weekend etc.

Ive just got back from a 700 miles holiday, and yesterday, after about 100 to 120 miles my lower back was starting to get a tad sore. Its nothing major, and fuel stop usually is enough to cure it for awhile. Does anyone else get this? Maybe my posture on the bike isnt right or something?

On a side q... anyone ridden a propoer touring bike and able to compare comfort? Is the fz6 almost as good as say a pan european or bmw lt etc?

fadge

Reaction score
Visit site
funny that did 100 miles yest 2 up and my back hurts to same place as yours,my brother rides same bike but hes a bit taller and doesnt suffer from this,its so bother me having a run out on a v/storm see how i fair on that

Luiz

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride 200 miles from school to home and vice versa with no problem. I am
5'10". I mainly keep upright posture and lean onto gas tank a for a few seconds just to get a break from the wind once in a while. Maybe its because I am young.

thulst

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got back from a 5000 km trip to Spain. Did 2 times 1800 km in 2 day's. No back pains here. It was just my but that felt a bit sore.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
My back gets sore after that much riding too, the more I ride tho, the stronger my back is getting, i think. It hurts less after a while. After extended periods of riding, inside of my legs get weak too, from holding the tank. I experienced this going from LA to monterey, 320 mile trip. My legs didnt wanna fight the wind towards the end.

PS. riding over 300 miles and not having real food, makes burgers taste really good.

fadge

Reaction score
Visit site
my legs ok but like i say the back hurts,could do with try to get to bot of this as it spoils a good day out so it could be down to build up the muscles

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
There's no comparison in the comfort level of the FZ6 vs a dedicated touring bike. I also own a Yamaha Venture, aka the Barcalounger. 500-800 mile days are common for me on the Venture with little to no discomfort. After 300-400 miles, I'm ready to park the FZ6 for the day unless I've taken quite a few stops along the way. The seating position, type of seat, weight of the bike, etc., all contribute to the level of comfort. Maybe when I was younger a bike like the FZ would have been more to my liking for a long trip. At my current age and desire to be comfy, I'll take the Venture for my long trips any day of the week.