Favorite Torrent Search Sites

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. I have a nice little program called Bit Che. You do not have to install it, its just an .exe file and what it does is it searches all the torrent sites for you. All the above mentioned sites and a lot more. If anybody wants just message me..

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
My understanding of Torrent is that it is a file sharing site. Just how illegal is it and has anyone gotten in trouble? My son just downloaded the mini-series Comanche Moon for my wife (she missed the TV showing). I asked him if it was legal to download it. He said "probably not, but Mom wanted it." All I could do is raise my eyebrow at the two of them while they grinned at me. Could you all tell me more about this Torrent thing, and will the FBI be beating down my door if I use it?

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
My understanding of Torrent is that it is a file sharing site. Just how illegal is it and has anyone gotten in trouble? My son just downloaded the mini-series Comanche Moon for my wife (she missed the TV showing). I asked him if it was legal to download it. He said "probably not, but Mom wanted it." All I could do is raise my eyebrow at the two of them while they grinned at me. Could you all tell me more about this Torrent thing, and will the FBI be beating down my door if I use it?

I think the whole "get arrested if you download stuff for free" only really happens if you use programs, such as those who use Kazaa, Warez, napster, etc. Torrent downloading is a little different in that it's not a program but a protocol. According to internet lore, it's supposedly much harder to trace these kinds of downloads, because there is not just one IP address associated with the download. Rather, when you use a program, such as Azureus, to download a torrent, you download pieces of information from many users. It's similar to Limewire, except for it's much much much faster.

If that's not enough, I've downloaded tons of full CD's and seasons of Scrubs, without a problem. The only thing that might be a problem is that I have heard of some IP's shutting down service because these downloads tend to take a LOT of bandwidth

finboz

stealth browser
Reaction score
Visit site
cant believe a mod hasnt closed this :confused:

FYI

according to TorrentSpy's defense attorney, Ira Rothken. The hundreds if not thousands of torrent tracking sites keep an index chronicling which users are sharing copyrighted works.

MPAA

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cant believe a mod hasnt closed this :confused:

FYI

according to TorrentSpy's defense attorney, Ira Rothken. The hundreds if not thousands of torrent tracking sites keep an index chronicling which users are sharing copyrighted works.

MPAA

At some point we will all get a knock at the door from the people in a black van...

finboz

stealth browser
Reaction score
Visit site
At some point we will all get a knock at the door from the people in a black van...

no you get a letter from MPAA/RIAA to say you are being sued along with the owner of this site, but look on the bright side you get your 15 minutes of fame :thumbup:

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Try μTorrent, Azereus or Bitlord for a client. But if you want to do some serious downloading "Rapidshare". It is very fast. Depending on your internet connection from 4 times and up. On a 4 Mbps connection it takes 6 minutes to download a 100Mb file!!!

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
μTorrent has been voted the best torrent client lately. I have tried the other great ones mainly; Azereus and bitlord. uTorrent is simple to use, loads fastest, and has no advertisements. Cheers and enjoy ;-)

Last edited: