Fantasy Football League

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, forgot to address your whole post. Regarding scoring, I've only ever played Standard Scoring, but PPR sounds fun too. Regarding drafting, I'd like it be a Live Draft just because I like to see how its going before I pick, with the option of Autodraft for people who don't care, or can't make it.

So, it sounds like a for bragging rights league. Also if you had thought of being commish then go for it, it's fun and often pretty easy to take care of.

I'm in favor of doing a PPR league, especially if it's going to be bigger than 8 people, but with a low score for PPR like 0.25 or 0.50. The PPR helps even things out when one guy has receiver like Michael Crabtree who doesn't get into the end zone a lot but gets 6-8 receptions compared to Dez Bryant who may get 2-3 receptions but a TD.

Also a live draft is fun and I'm interested.

Azrael

Reaction score
Visit site
All right, we now have 9 people so that's good enough imo to go forward and set up the league. Ssky0078 seems to have done this a lot more than anyone here and suggests Yahoo, so that's what we will go with for now, unless anyone objects. I'm going to make this a 10 person league and hopefully 1 more person will join up.

If someone wants to make this a paid league then I will be happy to manage the money and dole out winnings to paying members and take the responsibility of returning the pot back if there is a remainder.

Please PM me your email ids so I can send the invites out over the next couple of days.

Azrael

Reaction score
Visit site
As an aside, we are looking for 1 more person to flesh the league out assuming everyone who gave their names is still interested.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
When doing a money league typically you want 3rd place to get entry money back, 2nd double entry fee and 1st is triple entry fee with the rest of the pot typically divided over 16 weeks (or 14 weeks) to go to the highest overall score. If you don't want to do weekly high scores then 1st gets half the pot, 2nd gets 2/3 of the remainder and 3rd gets 1/3 of reainder of the pot. You want the league to end on either week 16 or 15 (I prefer 16) of the nfl season. Week 15 and 16 are the playoffs and because of it being a 10 team league the bottom two teams shouldn't get a birth into the playoffs.

The last guy that was the commish in a money league who I didn't know in real life used his savings account. He would give the account number and you would have to go to the bank and transfer money into his account. He would pay out the same way into your account at the end of the year. We had until week 6 to pay in full. If people had not paid by then their roster was locked until they paid.

Sdotterer014

Reaction score
Visit site
Dang step away for awhile and missed all this. I'd prefer not doing the PPR, that's just my opinion, not really a big deal. From my past experiences Yahoo and NFL.com were the best. Yahoo is probably the best for setting up custom rules and things like that.

Azrael

Reaction score
Visit site
@Sdotterer014

I've set the league up as a PPR, but its only 0.25 points per reception. So it should be a good compromise. I've also added bonus points for long (40+ yd) rushes and receptions. Man, I'm getting a God Complex here. So many variables to tweak. :-D

Azrael

Reaction score
Visit site
1. Azrael
2. Sdotterer014
3. Humperdinkel
4. xgrafcorex
5. dpaul007
6. Rookie08FZ6
7. derek533
8. Ssky0078
9. 7UPyours
10. David323 (tentative)

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
@Sdotterer014

I've set the league up as a PPR, but its only 0.25 points per reception. So it should be a good compromise. I've also added bonus points for long (40+ yd) rushes and receptions. Man, I'm getting a God Complex here. So many variables to tweak. :-D

The Power of the Commish coursing through your veins. Check out the tv show The League, too funny and many good points there.

Azrael

Reaction score
Visit site
Count of members in the Fantasy Football League:

1. Azrael
2. Sdotterer014
3. Humperdinkel
4. xgrafcorex
5. dpaul007
6. Rookie08FZ6
7. derek533
8. Ssky0078
9. 7UPyours
10. David323

For Draft Day, I propose the night of 1/9/2013 (Sunday) given that the first game is on 9/5/2013. Is this acceptable, everyone?

Also, quick reminder to PM me your email IDs so I can mail you the invites to the League.

Also, the members of the league are locked in now unless someone drops out or jas an objection. I think 10 is a good number to have.

Sdotterer014

Reaction score
Visit site
Count of members in the Fantasy Football League:

1. Azrael
2. Sdotterer014
3. Humperdinkel
4. xgrafcorex
5. dpaul007
6. Rookie08FZ6
7. derek533
8. Ssky0078
9. 7UPyours
10. David323

For Draft Day, I propose the night of 1/9/2013 (Sunday) given that the first game is on 9/5/2013. Is this acceptable, everyone?

Also, quick reminder to PM me your email IDs so I can mail you the invites to the League.

Also, the members of the league are locked in now unless someone drops out or jas an objection. I think 10 is a good number to have.

I'm assuming you meant 9/1/13? That works for me. PM'd you my info.

Azrael

Reaction score
Visit site
Sent out a PM to all those who were playing with a link to sign up for the league. Unfortunately none of them show up in the Sent section in my profile on the forum, so please let me know if any of you have not received it.

I have sent out PMs only to those ppl that have not signed up yet.