Factory Labels/Stickers

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I see that a lot of people are removing all of the Labels/Stickers off of their bike.

Can these be completely removed from the bike? Do I need to keep them somewhere else on the bike or file them with the bike paper work or something? They seem to have my vin# and other bike related stuff on them.

Last edited:

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I took off every decal except the VIN# in your first pic. You CAN take it off, but if you plan on reselling it or anything like that, I suggest you keep it on. I would just cover it with some black tape if it bothers you that much.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
It does not necessarily bother me, it just stands out like a sore thumb. If possible, I want to clean it up a bit. They should put that thing behind the fairing or somewhere a little less obvious on the frame. I really have no plans on selling the FZ, but how would it hurt resale? If I filed it with the rest of my paperwork, I would still be able to show it?

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Just that the sticker with the VIN has the production date and other misc stuff on it. The only other spot for the VIN is stamped on the front of the frame. As for the swingarm sticker, take it off.

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike doesn't have either of the stickers you show. The only stickers are on the top of the tank: unleaded fuel and read the manual.

I found those stickers really ugly and annoying, I managed to peel them off and remove the residue with some WD-40.

The stickers on the swingarm that mention the tire pression i've kept. Handy because I alway forget which pressure to use.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I found those stickers really ugly and annoying, I managed to peel them off and remove the residue with some WD-40.

The stickers on the swingarm that mention the tire pression i've kept. Handy because I alway forget which pressure to use.

Did you throw the Vin# sticker away, or keep it also? I am thinking about taking them off and filing them with my title and all the other paperwork.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
An easy way to take those stickers off is with a hair dryer. Just heat them up and they should peel right off. You may still have a little sticky residue left and some rubbing alcohol will take it right off. The vin is etched on your front fork/headset mount. So you don't really need the white sticker at all.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
An easy way to take those stickers off is with a hair dryer. Just heat them up and they should peel right off. You may still have a little sticky residue left and some rubbing alcohol will take it right off. The vin is etched on your front fork/headset mount. So you don't really need the white sticker at all.

Thanks,

I will give that a try before the chemicals.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Another great way to remove stickers like that, is to use olive oil. Not only does it remove the sticker, but also whatever residue that's left. :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I recalled there was a similar post about removing the factory stickers. One member might have mentioned about taking a digital photo of the sticker prior to removal since the sticker will tear or become unreadable after you apply sticker removal.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
I see that a lot of people are removing all of the Labels/Stickers off of their bike.

Can these be completely removed from the bike? Do I need to keep them somewhere else on the bike or file them with the bike paper work or something? They seem to have my vin# and other bike related stuff on them.

The VIN sticker on the frame below the tank and both stickers on the swingarm can be removed essentially intact. Heat them up with a hair dryer, then use something soft-ish with a sharp edge to lift one side of the sticker, then pull carefully. (I used an expired hotel key-card on which I put a beveled edge with sandpaper for my tool.) The adhesive on the stickers will allow them to be re-stuck, so they can be relocated to less obvious locations if you like. The VIN sticker can be moved up on the frame under the tank so you don’t need to worry removing it. The other stickers can be stuck under the seat so you will have access to the useful information provided by them.

By the way, the tank badges are just stickers and can be removed also, which cleans up the look of the tank and makes washing and waxing easier. They are adhered with a layer of what appears to be double-sided foam tape, which did not survive the removal process well in my case. However, the residue can be removed from the back side of the badge, then use some double-stick foam tape to re-stick them in new locations if you like. I put mine on my swingarm:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I removed all my stickers and paid the price when i tried to register my bike in CA. I now have to bring it to the police station and have them sign-off on the bike before the DMV will register the bike (it was the frame sticker that killed me, not the swingarm or "warning" stickers).

bah!

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought mine used from a dealer and the only stickers left were the VIN, and the yamaha logo on the sides of the tank.

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I removed all my stickers and paid the price when i tried to register my bike in CA. I now have to bring it to the police station and have them sign-off on the bike before the DMV will register the bike (it was the frame sticker that killed me, not the swingarm or "warning" stickers).

bah!

Dude, I just read your post and almost sh** my pants:eek:I'm here in CA too, but luckily I left the frame sticker on...... wew!

What worked AMAZING for em was a steamer....if you have a "red Devil" or clothing steamer, the stickers(swingarm) just melts off, along with any "gooo".