Factory Fender with a 2-Brothers Exhaust - anyone done it already?

Shiny_side_up

Reaction score
Visit site
Out here in California, they love to hassle you for "moving the license plate from the factory location" as an excuse to ticket you for an aftermarket exhaust.

I've installed a Two Brothers exhaust (Titanium with the P1 DB killing tips - looks/sounds great) and their FE kit. The more I look at the factory Fender with the reflectors and turn signals, the more I think i can make it still fit with the Two Brothers exhaust and have it look "fairly factory" - hopefully factory enough to avoid the potential ticket. (Several local riding sites had posted a "maximum enforcement weekend" that was occuring one town over from me - thus putting this "un-mod" into my head)

Has anyone done this before? (so that I don't reinvent the wheel).

Seems like if I cut the license plate mounting tabs off the FE and put some spacers behind the turn signal mounts to match up to the factory fender holes, that I can put it back where it was. I'm also picturing something heat reflecting to mount on top of it since it's exposed to the exhaust cans. (I'm thinking something like the foil topped Dynamat that is often used as a hood liner.)

I'll also be happy to get the factory rear turn signals back in place - the ones from the FE kit are just too small/short/dim for my tastes.

Any input would be appreciated before I take a Dremel with a cutoff wheel to it. :rolleyes:

Slug

Reaction score
Visit site
Check out Boneman's site. I did exactly what he did, but I used the factory signals. I already had the FAZR FE kit so I used it. I could not get the Two Bros to fit with the factory signal and plate setup.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfman did a mod to a factory fender but I don't know id it was the FZ6 OEM.
Also Have2befree has a stock fender with after market exhaust.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Off topic, but what's the California? Every terrible law enforcement story I hear is from there. Why are they so strict? Is it true you can't mod pretty much anything on your car or bike? What's the "official" explanation for it?

You're kidding right! I mean you probably hear a lot of stories from here but maybe you hear more because of our population. I don't think we have any stricter law enforcement than other states except maybe for emissions.
I got stopped last month and thought it was for my 2 Bros. exhaust. The CHP said he couldn't read the plate on my fender eliminator. We talked about it and he said just change the angle of it and be careful riding on the mountain today because of gravel. You don't here the good stories because they don't sell soap.....:spank::D

Edit: California has more custom modded stuff rolling than anywhere!

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfman did a mod to a factory fender but I don't know id it was the FZ6 OEM.
Also Have2befree has a stock fender with after market exhaust.

I cut down a MT-01 rear fender, and bolted it to the bottom of my FE! the coppers aint looked twice since! Which is cool, cause being booked for it once already, and having to remove my exhaust, etc, and put the old OEM FZ6 exhaust back on to get through inspection, was, and is, a PITA!

http://www.600riders.com/forum/aust...-you-have-when-you-dont-have-rear-fender.html

:thumbup: