F800R or?

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
I see BMW motorrad everywhere. Triumph - there is one dealer i know of in Ajax and may be one or two in Toronto. Which is fine for local but on the road - I see Yamaha, BMW and Honda dealerships everywhere.

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
For Canada we have 21 Triumph dealers and 20 BMWs.
For US - I do not know the numbers but I never saw Triumph dealer on any of my trips in US.
I also like the fact that there is plenty small shops who specialize in BMWs and their service. Community is huge too with Americade and whole bunch of different clubs.

Still like the Triumph but I think my heart leans towards BMW more.

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, if my math is right:
140 BMW in US
177 Triumph in US
So may be Triumph's network just appears scarce to me?

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I am young and I couldnt deal with that seating position every day! To be honest I was pretty happy getting back on my FZ after riding the Daytona. I just loved the power delivery of that triple. Tons of torque down low AND tons of power up top. Wish they would have had a demo Street Triple R for me to ride to compare the two. I agree with your worries about the lack of dealer support for Triumph though. People come from hundreds of miles away to purchase bikes and get service from the dealer near me in Kalamazoo.

I went from an '08 FZ6 to a '11 Street Triple. I love the freakin' thing. Compared to the FZ6 it is lighter and has more hp and torque. The power band is so flat, and starts low in the rev range, that it makes it much more fun to ride than the Yamaha IMO. The standard street has only 2 piston front calipers but, perhaps due to the stainless brake lines, the brakes feel stronger with more feel. And....no buffeting. The wind is not a problem for me until I hit 60+ mph.

About the only thing the FZ6 did better for me was provide a soft, easy ride. I have upgraded the suspension on my Triumph and it feels great when going fast. Slower speeds, on poor pavement feels more choppy than the FZ6.

Too bad about the dealer situation. I have a Triumph store about 5 miles from me.

Tim

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I went to buy an F800, they had an R1200R so I tested it too and this is what happened.
For me, best bike I have ever ridden.

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
I went from an '08 FZ6 to a '11 Street Triple. I love the freakin' thing. Compared to the FZ6 it is lighter and has more hp and torque. The power band is so flat, and starts low in the rev range, that it makes it much more fun to ride than the Yamaha IMO. The standard street has only 2 piston front calipers but, perhaps due to the stainless brake lines, the brakes feel stronger with more feel. And....no buffeting. The wind is not a problem for me until I hit 60+ mph.

About the only thing the FZ6 did better for me was provide a soft, easy ride. I have upgraded the suspension on my Triumph and it feels great when going fast. Slower speeds, on poor pavement feels more choppy than the FZ6.

Too bad about the dealer situation. I have a Triumph store about 5 miles from me.

Tim

Dealer situation may not be that bad as I imagined. Still - I can't picture myself doing any multiday trip on the Triple

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to buy an F800, they had an R1200R so I tested it too and this is what happened.
For me, best bike I have ever ridden.

I LOVE R1200R! I can't afford new one though and I want 2011+. Especially 2011 color - black with white stripe.
I think I'll stick with looking for that perfect K1200RS for now and after that will likely get R1200R