F/S 2007 Stock Seat

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
SOLD!

Seat is in Immaculate condition. My bike has approximately 4100 Miles and is always stored inside.

Asking $45 o.b.o Plus Shipping*

Preferred payment method is PayPAL.

Will ship from zip code 06379 (if you would like to estimate shipping cost)

*Will ship international. Please message me for approximate shipping costs

Last edited:

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
The metal bracket under the seat changed on the 07 version and up. All you will have to do is change that bracket and the seat will fit an 06 and back. You can see the silver "L" shaped bracket I'm talking about on the left side of the last picture.

EDIT: I just checked ronayers.com and it looks like it's the same bracket... but I could have sworn I've read in several places the bracket changed.

06 seat breakdown - Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop Motorcycle Yamaha 2006 FZS6V FZ6 SEAT

08 (same as 07) seat breakdown - Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop Motorcycle Yamaha 2008 FZ6 SEAT

Can someone with an 04-06 confirm this?

Last edited:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you know if this will fit a 2006?

I honestly can't say for sure that this will fit a 2006 model. According to the parts fiche, the part numbers are different between the two years (although they do not appear any different in photographs that I have seen). You may be in luck however; check out this thread from another member on the forum:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/25246-fs-stock-seat-2006-fz6-80-s-h.html

It doesn't say whether or not it has been sold, worth a shot though.

Otherwise, I hope someone has had more experience with the differences between the 2006 and 2007 model seat design.

UHcougarJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks,

I don't need a seat I am just looking to pick up an extra, because I want to take it to an upholster(is this word correct?) and have a different type of foam installed. Didn't want to be down a seat during the process and miss any riding.

I can wait and see if anyone needs one, I’m in no big rush!

I’ll do some research and determine if the seat will fit my needs.