Euro 2008

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I became a Spain fan after watching the Spain v. Sweden game on Saturday. (Seeing as none of my favorite teams are playing in the tourney) David Villa's heroics in the last few minutes of stoppage time had me jumping up and down in my living room! I will be sure to follow them as the tourney progesses into the quarters.

Go Spain!

I also do like Portugal, but thats probably because Cristiano Ronaldo is the man! I haven't been able to catch any of their games though.
I'm in the wrong country for soccer coverage...

anot

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I became a Spain fan after watching the Spain v. Sweden game on Saturday. (Seeing as none of my favorite teams are playing in the tourney) David Villa's heroics in the last few minutes of stoppage time had me jumping up and down in my living room! I will be sure to follow them as the tourney progesses into the quarters.

Go Spain!

I also do like Portugal, but thats probably because Cristiano Ronaldo is the man! I haven't been able to catch any of their games though.
I'm in the wrong country for soccer coverage...
:mad: I did not like that at all, as soon as Zlatan Ibrahimovic was taken out of the game we had nothing :mad:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cloggy are you buying us all drinks if the Netherlands win Euro 2008????

:cheer::iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::eek::drool:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
France and Romania are officially out now, so is Italy the new favourite? it's happened more than once that the winner has had a difficult start.
I could not watch the game tonight, was it any good? I will try to catch it on BBC I-Player.
So I was wrong about Italy not getting out of the group of death.
Holland must be the favourites.

Nelly

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Holland was again very impressive today. They almost looked like they can score whenever they want. I would bet that Holland would probably take the cup but there is never a favorite when it comes to the Euro competition...

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
If I were the other teams, I'd be very worried Italy was able to sneak into the second round. They can turn their game up in a heartbeat. The last games mean nothing here on in.

FORZA AZZURRI!!!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I could not watch the game tonight, was it any good? I will try to catch it on BBC I-Player.
So I was wrong about Italy not getting out of the group of death.
Holland must be the favourites.

Nelly

Holland won 2-0 with a lot of reserve players, even the goalie / captain didn't play. As for the Italy game I only saw the highlights, everything changed after an Italian penalty and sending off of a French player.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Holland won 2-0 with a lot of reserve players, even the goalie / captain didn't play. As for the Italy game I only saw the highlights, everything changed after an Italian penalty and sending off of a French player.
I didn't watch the game but the summary I read said that they dominated also.
:thumbup:

I'm very excited about that.