Emergency contact card for wallet

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I would say a piece of paper with the info on it placed with your ID or even taped to the back is sufficient. That's the first place EMTs/police look.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to tell the police to look in my wallet as my phone was smashed.

Make sure it's very clear and obvious. I wrote "ICE" (in case of emergency) on mine, though it still wasn't that clear.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Road ID all the way:rockon:
I have my Town/State/Country, my fiance's phone, my friend's phone and my mom's phone and "NKA" engraved on it. I ordered it in bright red so it's noticeable.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any card or piece of paper works..write something on it to identify it is your emergency contact card. Ice is universal. And keep it in an uncluttered visible spot so it is easy to find. It also helps to write any sort of medical history (cardiac, diabetes asthma, hypertension, etc...), your prescription medications if you take any, and any medication allergies.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What do you use for a emergency contact card? I need some ideas.:confused:
Speaking from an ED nurse perspective, photo id's are the best form of identification. Especially if the person is unable to communicate their wishes (which is why I assume you want one?)
You would be surprised how many people use a false ID or have stolen wallets on them. I had a guy in one evening with seven ID's on him talk about confusing.
If you're going to do a separate ID with all your contacts on it put your ugly mug on it to to aid the process.

Neil

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the thread, something I hadn't really spent much time thinking about but really important.

Just stuck a post it note with names and numbers to the back of my ID, that should work until I get around to making a good one.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Road ID bracelet which has contact information and phone numbers for my family. If you have medical conditions you can put that on there too. :thumbup:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Great thread as I had never thought of this before. Will have to get something done for myself and the gf, since she likes to be on it more than me.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Motorcycle gear has many pockets, so it's very difficult for the first repsponders to figure out where to look.

I have a Bright Red "Remove Before Flight" tag sewed onto one of my outer pockets of my riding pants. I hope it's obvious enough for them to figure out that's where I always keep my wallet.

Szut

Just got here...
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear a military type dog tag with my name, blood type, religion and wife's phone number.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
one thought I just had would be to put a sticker on my chest protector, or have something on your helmet, so it's immediately obvious

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dog tags are a great idea as are medical bracelets. Blood groups are not really necessary unless you have an unusual blood group and this is for information only. Labs will not issue blood without a type specific cross-match unless it is screened O neg. Most people can receive O negative blood as it is known as the universal donor.
There is so many legal requirements with regard for transfusing a patient. A cross matched sample is always taken, this will check blood type and antibody status to minimise the risk of transfusion complications.

We would not take a name written on a helmet or a piece of clothing as guarantee that it was the real owner wearing the item at the time of EMS involvement.
Often the ID is given by a second party whether it be the Police or a friend. This is why photo ID's are the best, you can match the mugshot to a person's s face. This along with PPS # (Ireland) NI # UK and Social security # (USA) enables a persons identity to be found and ratified.

Neil

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your help.:cheer: I'm getting great ideas.:rockon:

I love this forum.:blowkiss::hug:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
What do you use for a emergency contact card? I need some ideas.:confused:

Personally, if something happens to somebody. i grab their phone ==> contacts

Things to look for:

"Mom"
"Dad"
"Bro"
"Sis"
"Wife"
"Honey"
"Babe"
etc.

if i cant find any of these, call numbers until somebody answers and ask for info about the family (names. then search contacts again)

same method i use if i find a phone somewhere. recent calls works well too, for finding somebody that most likely knows the owner well.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That can make for some sensitive calling can't it. To be honest I let the Police do their detective work.
In the event that we have an "Unknown" person in the department there is a protocol set out for this, they are simply known as "Unknown male / female until their identity is determined. When it comes to transfusion samples there is a complete safeguarded protocol each transfusion sample has a one off ID number.

neil

Last edited:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have my family saved in my phone any more by mom or dad. Also I don't use the ice function on the phone either. I have a metal card holder for my license

I think after this thread I may have to look into something else