Ebay flushies and pod lights

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
After discovering that my fairings were cracked where the turn signals attach, I decided a little repair and replacement was in order. Found a pair of flush-mounts on ebay and and decided there wasn't going to be enough forward facing light. Added the pod lights as a result.
View attachment 15324
I think it really cleans up the look of it (certainly makes putting the cover on easier :thumbup:)
View attachment 15325
Not to bright during the day
View attachment 15326
I suppose these pictures don't really do it justice
View attachment 15327
View attachment 15328
I'm pretty satisfied
View attachment 15329

However, not having any high-current resistors, the lights flash pretty quickly. Has anyone found a turn signal made for a system with LED lights that is a direct replacement?

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone found a turn signal made for a system with LED lights that is a direct replacement?

My watsen design flushmounts came wired with the stock connector and built in resistor wires. They're a little pricy at $120 USD but I love them.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My watsen design flushmounts came wired with the stock connector and built in resistor wires. They're a little pricy at $120 USD but I love them.

would you mind measuring the resistance? resistors are super cheap and very easy to combine to get the right resistance. it would be a big help to folks who buy these e-bay kits.

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
would you mind measuring the resistance? resistors are super cheap and very easy to combine to get the right resistance. it would be a big help to folks who buy these e-bay kits.

+! Just make sure you don't get regular resistors. They have a tendency to melt... If you can tell us the resistance, I'll look into finding some high current jobbers.

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice! Like those flushies!

Try getting some LED minature 912 wedge bulbs!! [/url]

Actually, that's what I got for the pod lights. Unfortunately, the flushies have the LEDs built in. I suppose if i was really ambitious I could crack the case open and replace them, alas I'm a bit overwhelmed with more important things right now (robot car :rolleyes:).

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
My mistake. That is what I got for the pod lights though (921 A9). In hindsight, the 921-x12 would have been just as good a choice with more diodes and a wider viewing angle, but with is set that far back in the assembly, I'm not sure it would have made much a differnce...

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know how to measure the resistance, as the "resistors" are just thin (20AWG?) wires going from hot to ground.

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure you disconnect the harness that has the resistors in it or else you'll end up measuring the resistance of the entire circuit (made my fair share of this mistake).