Dynatek Fusion

teko89

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, Im thinking about installing a Dynatek Fusion module. I want to advance my timing 4 degrees. Other than running premium fuel is there anything else I need to do for a reliable build? Im not trying to shorten the life of my FZ. Anybody heard of this module? Thoughts?:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I could go search, how about a link?
What does it take for inputs and does it know the fz is using waste spark?

EDIT:
FWIW: I have a hex dump from Winols of the FZ6 ECU and there are three maps. 1 & 2, 3 & 4, and 5 & 6 gears.
Comparing this to its cousin the R6 shows it is by no means in jeopardy. If nothing else it will improve throttle response, engine smoothness, drivability, power output and fuel economy if limits are not exceeded which induce detonation.

Currently mine is statically advanced an additional 6.5°from the stock 5° by rotating the trigger wheel. Bike is very happy but does indeed want better grades of fuel and at idle it is too much advance. But its not doing any work at idle so I don't care.

Do an image search for R6 ignition maps and when you see how badly they neutered the FZ6R and FZ6 you will see there is a good deal of freedom if you pay the penalty of higher grades of fuel. What mods have you done to the bike if any?

I have a few sound clips loaded on soundcloud under fz6-rippedmp3. Give them a listen as its a cheap mod and it helps but I want more, hence poking the ECU and comparing the three bikes listed as well as FZ1 and R1... When I figure it out I'll post up but it's going to be springtime!

Last edited:

teko89

Reaction score
Visit site
I have delkevic pipes no baffle, k and n air filter. I plan on getting catless midpipe and removing air box snorkel. I wanted to get a fuel controller before I did the last two mods as I feel more fuel is definitely required then. I heard the ignition is retarded pretty far on FZ, and I could get very good gains advancing it. Is 4 degrees too much? What do you think?

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The stock R6 initial advance is 10° BTDC. FZ is 5° and has 2/10 less compression ratio. 4 is safe.

RainCityRider

Reaction score
Visit site
I could go search, how about a link?
What does it take for inputs and does it know the fz is using waste spark?

EDIT:
FWIW: I have a hex dump from Winlos of the FZ6 ECU and there are three maps. 1 & 2, 3 & 4, and 5 & 6 gears.
Comparing this to its cousin the R6 shows it is by no means in jeopardy. If nothing else it will improve throttle response, engine smoothness, drivability, power output and fuel economy if limits are not exceeded which induce detonation.

Currently mine is statically advanced an additional 6.5°from the stock 5° by rotating the trigger wheel. Bike is very happy but does indeed want better grades of fuel and at idle it is too much advance. But its not doing any work at idle so I don't care.

Do an image search for R6 ignition maps and when you see how badly they neutered the FZ6R and FZ6 you will see there is a good deal of freedom if you pay the penalty of higher grades of fuel. What mods have you done to the bike if any?

I have a few sound clips loaded on soundcloud under fz6-rippedmp3. Give them a listen as its a cheap mod and it helps but I want more, hence poking the ECU and comparing the three bikes listed as well as FZ1 and R1... When I figure it out I'll post up but it's going to be springtime!

Have you reflashed your ECU? I don't recall seeing it in your build. I was planning on installing a PC fuel controller this spring per Nels at 2Wheels recommendation and bringing it up to him for a tune. However that would leave me pretty limited on the ignition side of things. I've very interested in tuning but don't have much time to spend on it at the moment.

Nice Soundcloud clips by the way! I think I'll start playing these when I'm falling asleep. I'd be interested in looking at those hex dumps too.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't actually done mine yet. Still calculating limits for each of the maps. Next in line is the acquisition of J2534 compliant pass-thru cable supporting k-line and l-line communications... In short I want more control over the process and need my own hardware to do it. But it is very expensive once you add the software needed to complete the package...

Maybe if enough people are willing fix the advance curve, I buy it and charge for flash? Work in progress.. .. ..

KB2WYL

CQ CQ, DE KB2WYL
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be willing to help, I bet others would as well. Maybe take a poll and see about interest? Is the hardware something you can find used?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't actually done mine yet. Still calculating limits for each of the maps. Next in line is the acquisition of J2534 compliant pass-thru cable supporting k-line and l-line communications... In short I want more control over the process and need my own hardware to do it. But it is very expensive once you add the software needed to complete the package...

Maybe if enough people are willing fix the advance curve, I buy it and charge for flash? Work in progress.. .. ..

I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RainCityRider

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk