Ducati Monster 1100 and 1100 S Information and Photos!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW! that thing is cool! Ducati also does a great job of putting together accessories for their bikes too, mods, gears, etc. They even have matching boxers. Not really...

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
not a big fan myself....Since I just got into bikes a few months ago, can anyone explain why its 1100cc and has only 95 HP.....doesnt the fz6 have more with just a couple of mods?

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually the stock FZ6 has more horsepower. 98 to 95. Torque the ducati will chew us up though. What I can't seem to understand is why they stopped using the S2r motor which was almost identical. Up here in alberta we pay insurance on CC's of the bike, so the 1100 cost more then the 1000, but there is no advantage. It looks great, but after riding a 696 for a bit, I wouldn't buy it.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
not a big fan myself....Since I just got into bikes a few months ago, can anyone explain why its 1100cc and has only 95 HP.....doesnt the fz6 have more with just a couple of mods?

That particular motor is the older air cooled, two valve one; not the water cooled four valver. You can only tune them so far until they ping hard. With a water cooled motor you can tune them much higher because the heads, and the entire motor runs cooler. The 1098 is making about 155 to 160.

It is a torque monster, no pun intended. ;)

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
It's a damn fine bike....If only they could do something better with the exhaust!

If I were to rock it, I'ld cut the exhaust and make a side exit. The 696 and 1100 look SICK without the pipes under the tail

And, yes, ducati does a great job of making accessories of all kinds...and yes, they DO have matching boxers

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just makes u feel warm inside, duddnit?

my desktop background now =

big_ducati_monster_1100_05_01.jpg

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about the red frame on the silver model, black frame would look better. But hey, give me one and I would love it.

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike, but wow, the marketing dept was in overdrive on this release...
Dedicated to those who want to make the ultimate expression, this jewel of style and performance is powered by the charismatic two-valve 1100cc Desmodromic twin-cylinder engine, famous the world over for its legendary torque and acceleration.
The 'ultimate expression' is also famous for expensive valve adjustments!
When you choose to ride the Monster, you are not simply choosing a bike but an entire lifestyle. It is an extension of your own character, something that can be shared or kept for yourself but either way, a desire to experience the exhilaration of naked power as you ride this international motorcycling icon.
Can I get an extended warranty on this 'lifestyle'? I just want a bike really.

Friend bought a Monster 696, it's like an oversize mountain bike compared to our FZ6 and looks like it would be great fun on good roads. Unfortuntely he rarely rides it and I suspect he'll eventually cover it in glass and make a coffee table out of it. Strange.