Dual Stubby Mufflers?

joey.logue

Reaction score
Visit site
I am considering putting dual stubby mufflers and a Y-pipe under the tail of the FZ6. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and if it will work. I cannot find any threads where this is mentioned and am curious why no one has done it. The concept seems pretty simple and inexpensive.

There have been quite a few custom mufflers made for this bike by people on this forum....just have to dig abit

I suspect, depending on the design, they'd be way too loud.

I suppose if you made the OD exits smaller would make up for it but the tone likely wouldn't be as deep.

I love my open Scorps but shortening them up, IMO, would be too loud. My pipes don't stick out to speak of.

There's really not much space to put a Y pipe in under the seat - so you'll have to do more of an H shaped y pipe, remove the under seat storage, or be creative - I've done some looking into it - instead I went ghetto and did a single 14'' glasspack hidden up under there. It's a good volume, but it's pretty raspy. Now that I have a welder available to me - I may be a bit more creative with exhaust, but yeah, I like the idea of a couple of stubbies under there with baffles stuck in the end to effectively lengthen the tubes.

I need to do some measuring to see how much room I would have under there for the Y pipe. I could easily do away with the underseat storage, as I use my tank bag for most things. I already keep my tool kit in my tank bank.

As for how loud they would be, they also make a double baffled version that I considered.

Back