Dreaming of summer, watching some Youtube motorcycle clips

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
The other day a link to the Route des Grande Alpes clips were posted on another forum, nice to dream about summer rides when outside it's packed with snow. These are clips of a trip through the French Alpes of a guy named R1 Sjaak and Marcus Kingma. R1 Sjaak is famous for his traveling of the world on his totally packed R1 (yes that bike that looks like a Goldwing from the back is a R1). His adventures used to be a magazine.

Route des Grande alpes:
Part 1
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvhR-mj9lzk&feature=related]YouTube - Route des Grandes Alpes-Deel 1[/ame]
Part 2
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvLVD_XO2NM&feature=related]YouTube - Route des Grandes Alpes Part 2[/ame]
Part 3:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFh7ncOi87w&feature=related"]YouTube - Route des Grandes Alpes Part 3[/ame]
Part 4:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YRHQsQ9XjI&feature=related]YouTube - Route des Grandes Alpes Part 4[/ame]

On the other hand these people also go out in -30, in Alaska
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfv-_CWDRAU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Alaska Deel 34-Deadhorse[/ame]

:D

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome footage! Love those rides and the last one....Burrrrr!!!! the snow would be easier to stay up right, but ice? :eek: Whoa!! :eek:

Actionmike

Reaction score
Visit site
after watching that last one i now feel sry for my unloved Fazer, its been in the garage for a month now due to the weather which is nothing compared to that.

been on you tube looking for a bike fix myself, those of you who like an early morning burn might like this, nice quality clip thats free of the usual amature editing bollocks.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVwhOFCkaR8&feature=related]YouTube - honda cbr 600 rr first ride with gopro5 wide[/ame]

Last edited:

nanner6282

Reaction score
Visit site
i hear ya about dreaming...i'm getting an itch to get out and ride. there's only about another 5 months til spring in WI... son of a b****, i'm going crazy :BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well okay...Here's a little SoCal Love from December 19th 09 ride a few of us FZ6 forum members did. Weather was awesome! Probably mid to high 60's on the higher altitude and 70's in the lower desert as we descended the mountains.
What a great day riding with great friends!
Feel the Love and Warmth...yeah....:rockon:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZeSssFQfaM]YouTube - Montezoomers.wmv[/ame]

Actionmike

Reaction score
Visit site
ok it's offical, everyone that lives in country where it's warm and dry 90% of the time is a b*****d. Thats a really nice bit of road, if it was in the UK it would be covered in speed cameras.

Warning: Prolonged Fazer withdrawl may lead to an increasing negative outlook on life

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ok it's offical, everyone that lives in country where it's warm and dry 90% of the time is a b*****d. Thats a really nice bit of road, if it was in the UK it would be covered in speed cameras.

Warning: Prolonged Fazer withdrawl may lead to an increasing negative outlook on life

Just looked up where you live and it's a chilly 0 deg.C. Looks like you might have some interesting rides but Google Earth has limited detail of your area....

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice clips guys :thumbup:

Yesterday went on a ride (on my FJ) to a lake nearby to do some ice skating. Still with the snowy and icy conditions I'm not pushing it in the corners, but anyway I had a little fix. Back to the dreaming :D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice clips guys :thumbup:

Yesterday went on a ride (on my FJ) to a lake nearby to do some ice skating. Still with the snowy and icy conditions I'm not pushing it in the corners, but anyway I had a little fix. Back to the dreaming :D

I had to take the train today (wife needed the car) , gotta love public transport :eek: The snows coming down thick here at the moment (north holland), and it looks like it will be lasting a while :( I'll be pleased when the weather gets back to normal. Unfortunately the snow is also making the ice really bad for skating.

BTW nice vids to dream to :thumbup:

Actionmike

Reaction score
Visit site
Just looked up where you live and it's a chilly 0 deg.C. Looks like you might have some interesting rides but Google Earth has limited detail of your area....

Normally loads of great runs around Northern Ireland when the weathers good im just moaning because this is the worst winter in 30 years :shakehead: it can rain all year round so im used to dodging showers but this half arsed snow is a real pain, really should move somewhere warmer. Mainland UK is at a standstill due to "extreme weather", its not that extreme compared to normal winters in Canada or Finland etc but we didnt have the infastructure in place to cope. BBC News - In Pictures: UK 'deep freeze' spreads

Normally (Newcastle gets swarmed by bikers most sundays)
Image0011.jpg

My Drive atm, not looking very bike friendly to me
Image0019.jpg

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
@cloggy: yeah you guys had it rough today, I just noticed on the news. No new snow here today, so I managed to slide out the road for a short ride today again :cheer: Also that's why the ice here is better for skating, we were even on the news, it's getting a bit silly :D

@actionmike:
That certainly looks like nice terrain for a ride :thumbup: But with that sleet those hills will be a challenge :( I am visiting the Irish island next summer, would love to go by bike but the ferry's are so darn expensive compared to flying, so I haven't decided yet.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
@cloggy: yeah you guys had it rough today, I just noticed on the news. No new snow here today, so I managed to slide out the road for a short ride today again :cheer: Also that's why the ice here is better for skating, we were even on the news, it's getting a bit silly :D.

Yeah we got hit with a freak snow storm yesterday (in Den Helder), lasted most of the day, but by the time it got to Amsterdam it had dispersed. Yeah I saw the first skating marathon on natural ice on the news, there was no snow to be seen.

@actionmike:
That certainly looks like nice terrain for a ride :thumbup: But with that sleet those hills will be a challenge :( I am visiting the Irish island next summer, would love to go by bike but the ferry's are so darn expensive compared to flying, so I haven't decided yet.

Even travelling with the whole family (x4) to England it's about as expensive to go by ferry with the car as to fly, sometimes it's even cheaper to fly if you get the special deals. But on the other hand you could turn your holiday into a road trip through England, Wales and Ireland and take the bike with you :thumbup:

Last edited: