Do I need a gasket sealant for crankcase cover replacement?

LinearCitrus

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to be replacing the crankcase cover on my 2009 FZ6, but was unsure about whether or not I need to use any sort of gasket sealant when I put the new one on.

I got a new gasket along with the new cover, but I couldn't find any information on if it's a rubber gasket, silicone, etc. Does anyone know IF I need to use a sealant, and if so, any recommendations on what sealant to get?

Thanks!

I'm going to be replacing the crankcase cover on my 2009 FZ6, but was unsure about whether or not I need to use any sort of gasket sealant when I put the new one on.

I got a new gasket along with the new cover, but I couldn't find any information on if it's a rubber gasket, silicone, etc. Does anyone know IF I need to use a sealant, and if so, any recommendations on what sealant to get?

Thanks!

The Stator side cover has a grommet that needs some kind of stick'em sealant (manual says yamaha bond, but any gasket maker silicone should be fine?). The clutch cover should be fine with just the gasket.

+1 ^^^..

Not sure exactly what cover your replacing but the cam chain cover will also require sealer (for the PU Sensor wires)

I use the Yamaha bond. As stated, no sealer required for the gasket / gasket surface itself, just where wires enter/exit..

Back