Difficulty starting after a short break

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
My '08 has 2,600 flawless miles. Blip, starts every time... until the last couple of days. I took her out to lunch (so to speak) and 20 minutes or so later, it doesn't start the same. I had to crank a little longer and eventually turn over but a little rough and low idle... no smoke. Once I got her out of the parking lot it's all back to normal. I must say she's a bit temperamental.

What can this be? It kinda felt like my old, old cage when the plug was fouling. Can it be? Fuel injection and fairly new condition?

What should I check? Thanks in advance.

I'd check your plugs. The plugs that come on this bike are from NGK, which is 1 of 2 plug manufactures that make that plug, but anyway they aren't the best plugs out there. Alot of on/off start ups with the bike without riding it much seems to foul them out. That happen to my bike when I was working on it, and I had to start it up a lot to test the bike. Ended up fouling out my plugs pretty bad. So theres a place to start maybe. Good luck!

My '08 has 2,600 flawless miles. Blip, starts every time... until the last couple of days. I took her out to lunch (so to speak) and 20 minutes or so later, it doesn't start the same. I had to crank a little longer and eventually turn over but a little rough and low idle... no smoke. Once I got her out of the parking lot it's all back to normal. I must say she's a bit temperamental.

What can this be? It kinda felt like my old, old cage when the plug was fouling. Can it be? Fuel injection and fairly new condition?

What should I check? Thanks in advance.

Same thing happened to my '07 with only 1200 miles on her....the other day I take her to work (10 minute ride), leave her sitting for 30 mintes, and when I went to start,it sounded like sheeeet! Was totally fine, after and since(???)

I know a lot of members had problems with the battery. Some have had dead batteries from day one. You know you are draining your battery unless you are above 4000 rpms? I have an '06 with almost 23,000 miles, and I still have my original battery. The battery has never died. I changed my plugs at 20,000 miles. I doubt that your plugs are bad with just 2500 miles.

I have noticed it a bit, nothing too bad though.

I just put it down to being the difference between a warm motor and a cold one... Cold motor will always start easier than a hot motor???

:)

I experience the same thing. If I start it within 10-20 minutes of shutting it down, sometimes(not always) it'll sputter to a start, but run perfectly fine. Only once has it refused to start the first try(after putting gas in it), but I let it sit for 30 seconds, and away it went.

Back