Different handlebars

Dimefan

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have suggestions on what handlebars I could use to move the riding position forward? I know the stock bars adjust a bit forward, but I would like something a lot MORE forward (without hitting the fairings or mirrors, etc.). Also, what are my options as far as the not-so-attractive stock mirrors?

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are my bars,they where on the bike when I bought it ,but I think they are the generic ebay ones.They don't hit the fairing , but when you lock the bars the brake lever only just touches the mirror stalk base.

picture.php

Last edited:

Dimefan

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny thing- I just sent you a personal message asking about your bars. I found your profile through other people's friend lists..LOL

danielapatiner

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont now the brand. Its from an aftermaket motorcycle shop. I think it is originaly for some dirt bike or so, but I modified it a bit.. ;)

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
i've got the bikemaster drag bar on mine, got it from ironpony.com. it is a bit heavier than the stock bar and does away with some of the vibrations.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Here are my bars,they where on the bike when I bought it ,but I think they ate the generic ebay ones.They don't hit the fairing , but when you lock the bars the brake lever only just touches the mirror stalk base.

picture.php
These are what I was describing to you when you rode in this week. Luckily, they are crazy cheap, too.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They should! Can't help it - love the quality.

I'd rather pay a little more to get the quality than buying something cheap I don't like. Same goes for handbags - GO LOUIS VUITTON ;) (Shameless plug there, Mike - Christmas is coming up :rof:)

Last edited:

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
I wasn't sure I liked the FZ until I swapped the bar for a FZ1 bar. What a difference! I love the new position and the vibes have been quelled quite a bit. If I hadn't gotten such a killer deal (read: free) I would have bought the Rizomas from PJ's Parts. Hell, I may still buy a pair.. just because they look so good. (black)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bars are definitely a matter of personal preference. Would be awesome if everyone could try different configurations on FZ6 and make an educated decision.
I found stock bars to be painfully unusable.
Ordered Renthal Ultra Low Road bar and found the new riding position to be absolutely ideal. However, vibes got much worse.
Picked up a set of HVMP bars (against their recommendations.. they say it's not a good idea to use heavy bar ends on aluminum bars) and it improved the ride dramatically, but vibes were still quite bad over 5.5k rpm.
Finally decided to give FZ1 bar / stock bar end combo a try and I prefer it over aluminum riser setup. Bar sweep is less comfortable than Renthal (a bit more sweep than Renthal), but vibes are now only in the 4.5 - 5k rpm range. I rarely keep it there... meaning this makes for a smoother ride for me.

One thing I'm pretty sure about.. just about anything will be better than stock FZ6 bar :)

Last edited:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bars are definitely a matter of personal preference.
I found stock bars to be painfully unusable.

One thing I'm pretty sure about.. just about anything will be better than stock FZ6 bar :)

Since my accident I find I am having great difficulty with the flat bars,took the long way home tonight and my left arm was extremely sore.I,m hoping that it is the flat bars and not my arm anyways ,lol.
I have the standard bars and am considering going back to them.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since my accident I find I am having great difficulty with the flat bars,took the long way home tonight and my left arm was extremely sore.I,m hoping that it is the flat bars and not my arm anyways ,lol.
I have the standard bars and am considering going back to them.

That sucks :(
Flat bar definitely transfers more weight to hands arms, since it's farther away and lower than stock. I can see how that could cause pain if you're still recovering.
My problem with the stock bar was the very aggressive back-sweep. My wrists and my upper back would start to hurt like crazy after about 20 minutes.

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
i am thinking of Rizoma golden bar to fit to my black FZ6S,but don't know how wide it should be,and what shape to choose