Differences between US &Euro fz6?

vr46fan

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
What are they, specifically for 2007 my? I may be moving to Norway in the future and am seriously considering bringing my bike with me. I am just trying to gauge how straightforward this will be, mainly concerning the emissions. Thanks

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there, I think this link might help show some of the differences - mainly HP/TQ differences between the 'standard' and 'S2' versions, with slight variations of ABS availability on some of the Euro models.

FZ6 Wiki

The US has the 'S2' and I do believe Europe had both models at different times, S2 and 'standard' available - when you look at the charts on this wiki. The last run in 2010, Europe only had the S2 and had discontinued the reduced power 'standard' model.

From the 2007 revision entry (07-09) - European versions other than the S2 have reduced power of 78 hp (58 kW).

Hope that helps!

Reaction score
Visit site
The Fazer S2 is the one to have. Otherwise you've basically got the XJ-6 as has been said. As the previous owner of the XJ-6 and current owner of the FZ6 S2, the latter is lighter, more nimble, more manoeuvrable, larger tank range, better looking... basically it outclasses the XJ-6 in every way which is why I have it. Presumably as the FZ6 USA version is pretty much the same bike as the FZ6 S2 it wouldn't require much in the way of changes to be road legal out there...

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
tbh it may be cheaper to buy a bike over here. I think if you import it then you will need to pay various import duties + tax, along with the cost to get it registered over here. Insurance may also be more expensive/problematic as it will be an import, this will also affect resale value.

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
main difference is euro fz6 fazer and us fz6 fazer is park lights. eu fazer's park lights are integrated to headlights and has one filament turn signal bulb but us type's park lights are integrated to turn signals.

Also eu fz6 is allowed for enter diag mode.

I think anything else is same except us california model.