Did I make Fz6 history

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be selling my FZ6 soon and I like to keep a memento of the bikes I sell.

I posted the FZ6 windscreen mod in December 2008 and want to know if I can put the screen on th garage wall claiming it to be the first screen with the mod done to it. This is the best place to get my request sanctioned.

Over 8500 have read the mod post and I know there are guys from the USA to Australia who have actually done the mod....and liked it. I still prefer it to the DB for long runs.

So gys Can I nail it to the wall with "Worlds first FZ6 modded screen" pinned to it. I promise if we ever have a FZ6 museum I wll donate it.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/6519-2006-windscreen-mod.html

Steve

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be selling my FZ6 soon and I like to keep a memento of the bikes I sell.

I posted the FZ6 windscreen mod in December 2008 and want to know if I can put the screen on th garage wall claiming it to be the first screen with the mod done to it. This is the best place to get my request sanctioned.

Over 8500 have read the mod post and I know there are guys from the USA to Australia who have actually done the mod....and liked it. I still prefer it to the DB for long runs.

So gys Can I nail it to the wall with "Worlds first FZ6 modded screen" pinned to it. I promise if we ever have a FZ6 museum I wll donate it.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/6519-2006-windscreen-mod.html

Steve

That was you?!? Haha...I did the exact same mod after seeing your post!
I say take it to Ripley's. Great job Steve, and I really like the shorter windscreen. It was a little different feel at first but I'm used to it and wouldn't change it unless maybe I changed my riding style.

Cliff

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The title is yours Steve! I can't remember anyone else doing a mod on theirs before you.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
PROPS!!!! oh and i had an idea.. cant you add this bit of info to like wikipedia or something.. im sure the admin would vouch for you as well as the rest of us... congrats man.. enjoy the new bike :thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Massimo did this to his 2004 a long while back (like in 2005). Sorry dude! I now use his cut-down windscreen since he went naked and love it. He is an engineer and had the same thought process and results that you had.

3520167291_bbdb4c0d6f_b.jpg

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So what are you buying to replace Fiz Steve? I recall a post on a Tiger if I'm not mistaken?

I ended up removing my Puig because the helmet suck was pretty bad. Stock was better.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys it will go on the wall in the shed.

DefyInertia, you will have to take yours off the bike though, you didn`t read the small print.

It was OK to do the mod not but not ride it around more exotic locations than mine......California indeed ;Ø)

This is the replacement. I really must do a writeup about our trip in the summer.

Factory.jpg

We bought this in England and rode it through France, over the Swiss Alps to Italy and then home to Denmark. Here we are outside the Moto Guzzi Factory on Lake Como, Italy. It is where my Cali was born.

Steve

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Did mine from your instructions. Recommend it to anyone who hates the buffeting associated with taller screens.