Debating selling my bike. Wanted to garner interest and fair price.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Never thought I would do this but I am considering selling my very customized FZ6 to put the money toward building a 1949 Ford/1953-1954 Chevy Bel Air hardtop.

8604677996_49f298dc46.jpg

8582838527_f401a794f9.jpg

Low miles, new PR3's, PCIII with proper map, custom bi-xenon naked setup with halo, FZ1 bars, bar end mirrors, OURY grips, Leo Vince carbon fiber exhaust, belly pan, custom signals front and back, etc. etc.

What would a fair asking price be? Think $5500 is out of the question? Don't want to part it out as I have already sold most of the stock parts.

Appreciate the feedback.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Never thought I would do this but I am considering selling my very customized FZ6 to put the money toward building a 1949 Ford/1953-1954 Chevy Bel Air hardtop.

...Is a Chevy some kind of cruiser motorcycle I've never heard of? Why trade out the fz6?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck with sale if you decide to do it!

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on what "low miles" means to you and if that's an 09, I think you could easily get 5000 on Craigslist, depending on the market near you for streetfighters. You may want to wait until spring if you want top dollar though.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
5500 sounds high. Sure it doesn't seem so to you due to the amount of money spent in mods. Still, modded bikes fetch less than the sum of their aftermarket parts. That, and you have to find the right guy looking this particular setup. Will also be tougher in the fall as mentioned.

Start at 5500, but be prepared to accept 4,700-5,200. Shame you sold the stock parts. We eat parted out bikes for breakfast and everybody wins.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I figured 5k would be the target. Appreciate the feedback.

I'll more than likely hang onto it until next season.

I think part of the itch is that I've completed this bike so now I don't have anything to tinker with!

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I bet you could remove the power commander and belly pan and sell that separately to get yourself a couple hundred bucks more without affecting the bike's sale price.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
In general, people don't want modified bikes, extra mods don't add to the resale value. Honestly, I do think $5500 is way out of the question. Maaaaybe $4500 you could get in the spring, if you found a buyer that really liked your mods. Putting it back to stock you could probably get $4000, then parting it out for an extra $500-800, but if you've already sold the stock parts you're outta luck.

For comparison - here's one for sale near you, also a 2009 with a naked conversion. He had it listed here and CL for $5500, then lowered his price to $5000, and is still for sale. http://www.600riders.com/forum/sell-your-bike-car-truck/49313-2009-fz6-naked-long-island-ny.html

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Now wait a minute...... So are you actually selling your bike? Looking for a bid?
Brett Higgins, Auctioneer, Fast Chant, Humor, Public Auction - YouTube

Hahaha. It was more of a "Hey, just throwing this out there."

If someone was lke "I'm interested and think it's worth $5500. I'll buy it this week." I would sell it.

I appreciate everyone giving their input. In the end I built this thing specifically for me, so I understand that not everyone will want the same thing.

Going to hang onto it for now and focus my need to tinker on doing projects on a new house I bought. Haha.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hahaha. It was more of a "Hey, just throwing this out there."

If someone was lke "I'm interested and think it's worth $5500. I'll buy it this week." I would sell it.

I appreciate everyone giving their input. In the end I built this thing specifically for me, so I understand that not everyone will want the same thing.

Going to hang onto it for now and focus my need to tinker on doing projects on a new house I bought. Haha.

For the mods you have and if the miles aren't high the price is fair and the bike looks great! I've been to that place where you trade in your bike and the mods and work you put in mean nothing to a dealer. They naturally just want to flip it and get you to buy their new bike.:)

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
The value of this model is dropping rapidly. I haven't put mine up for sale yet but my target is to get $2000. Looks like quite a few are for sale in New Jersey on CL right now. You might get $4000, before winter arrives...