~~ Daily Feed, you know you're having a bad day when ~~

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Borrows friend's Panigali, rides like an idiot and..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=511SLUHPmRw"]DUCATI PANIGALE CRASH!! - YouTube[/ame]

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
Never trust a dog !!

tumblr_n4jl4ckPjU1s2yegdo1_400.gif

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When you park your Crayola too close to the fire and it melts its little lights out an burns its bum! :eek:
attachment.php

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Real story from tonight:
Go to a friends to look and see why the 16 year old addition to a ranch home lost electrical power to the "newer section of the home". I covered allot of ground and found some suspicious stuff, wires that'd been hot, nuts melted from heat, water intrusion into an outlet but still no root cause for varying outlets and lamps not working. Inspected at least 20+ junctions in the affected area. Nothing.

So I go outside wondering if someone powered the inside from something less obvious. Found a weather resistant outlet with no power and a conduit leading under the foundation. Me thinks it **possibly it could be related** so I check the crawl space the find the wire cut clean off. ** Perhaps cause its not on a GFI and the last sale said POWER IT DOWN OR FAIL INSPECTION??? ** IDK!!!!
OK - NOT IT! But then I found this little gem shoved up in a hole. It was loose so I thought a tiny wiggle might reveal a greater issue. OH HELL YA! CALL ME SPARKY!!!! Did I mention I'm in MUD cause the crawl space is damp??? Love it! Glad I'm not the jumpy kind! lol

240V AC live wire connected to NOTHING!!! MF@SSHOLES!!! What is wrong with people!!!!!!! I ran out of time and terminated it but could not access the secondary water heater to determine if it had ties to it and/or/if I could chop power too it at the mains. I mean, for all I know it was the source of power to that section that had no power and it fell out. But dear god, let us hope NOT! Gotta go back and figure it out! Crazy!!!!

attachment.php

Stuck a meter on the Red and Black! 120 each to a 50Amp breaker! Oh My... old water heater, Range, Dryer, Grow lamps??? IDK!
attachment.php

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
As a professionally qualified electrician I can tell you, this is wrong!

It's why the EU is so strict on wiring regs. If you reported that to the building control at the local council offices, the installer could face prison time for something that bad.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As a professionally qualified electrician I can tell you, this is wrong!

It's why the EU is so strict on wiring regs. If you reported that to the building control at the local council offices, the installer could face prison time for something that bad.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

^^ +100,000,000
Pretty sure previous home owner played a role in that! I about crapped when I gave it little jiggle and it fell dragging on the galvanized water pipe throwing sparks. Grabbed my meter found both ends live. Someone should be strung up!

PM sent - Question....

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great find! Lol! That needs proper termination in a box. Now on to find your power loss.

I've found zip cord powering outlets inside of walls! :eek: If I had my way I would require all electrical in housing to be mounted outside the walls. Yeah, I know, your pictures won't look so pretty next to that junction box so let's also do the plumbing outside the wall to give it that balanced look! :rockon:

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Real story from tonight:
Go to a friends to look and see why the 16 year old addition to a ranch home lost electrical power to the "newer section of the home". I covered allot of ground and found some suspicious stuff, wires that'd been hot, nuts melted from heat, water intrusion into an outlet but still no root cause for varying outlets and lamps not working. Inspected at least 20+ junctions in the affected area. Nothing.

So I go outside wondering if someone powered the inside from something less obvious. Found a weather resistant outlet with no power and a conduit leading under the foundation. Me thinks it **possibly it could be related** so I check the crawl space the find the wire cut clean off. ** Perhaps cause its not on a GFI and the last sale said POWER IT DOWN OR FAIL INSPECTION??? ** IDK!!!!
OK - NOT IT! But then I found this little gem shoved up in a hole. It was loose so I thought a tiny wiggle might reveal a greater issue. OH HELL YA! CALL ME SPARKY!!!! Did I mention I'm in MUD cause the crawl space is damp??? Love it! Glad I'm not the jumpy kind! lol

240V AC live wire connected to NOTHING!!! MF@SSHOLES!!! What is wrong with people!!!!!!! I ran out of time and terminated it but could not access the secondary water heater to determine if it had ties to it and/or/if I could chop power too it at the mains. I mean, for all I know it was the source of power to that section that had no power and it fell out. But dear god, let us hope NOT! Gotta go back and figure it out! Crazy!!!!

53880d1403241854-daily-feed-you-know-youre-having-bad-day-when-img_20140619_202151_413-jpg

Stuck a meter on the Red and Black! 120 each to a 50Amp breaker! Oh My... old water heater, Range, Dryer, Grow lamps??? IDK!
53881d1403241854-daily-feed-you-know-youre-having-bad-day-when-img_20140619_202141_459-jpg

LoL my father in law probably wired that up. Hell I have to flip 2-3 light switches to start his tractor.

I used to live in an old house, we had a certain breaker blow constantly. Had to flip it back with a broom. Or bang ouch shiat lol

Last edited:

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My dad did most of the wiring in the basement of the house I grew up in (it was unfinished when they bought the house) and after he passed away and Mama decided she couldn't live there alone, we had everything inspected so we could put it up for sale. The downstairs rec room light had recently quit working, so we brought in an electrician to fix it. After examining everything, he said "This light never worked." I pointed out it worked for 40 years and he insisted "It could NEVER work the way it was wired!" I just shrugged my shoulders, smiled, and asked him to just fix it. :D

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great find! Lol! That needs proper termination in a box. Now on to find your power loss.

I've found zip cord powering outlets inside of walls! :eek: If I had my way I would require all electrical in housing to be mounted outside the walls. Yeah, I know, your pictures won't look so pretty next to that junction box so let's also do the plumbing outside the wall to give it that balanced look! :rockon:

I need to start a new thread! To anyone who has used those pingers that inject a signal at the plug or junction so you can trace back to thr breaker, does it induce a signal on the neutral or just the hot?
The hot is dead, but the N is intack at all locations.
Tks...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I need to start a new thread! To anyone who has used those pingers that inject a signal at the plug or junction so you can trace back to thr breaker, does it induce a signal on the neutral or just the hot?
The hot is dead, but the N is intack at all locations.
Tks...

Should also work on the neutral... :)