CRASH!!! Which side did you fall on?

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just curious and wanted to find out which side did everyone fell/slid on during their crash first or last. I've noticed in recent threads that it appears the left side of the bike is common. Just wanted to know if this is just a freakish coincident or is there more to it? I know some people can make left turns all day with ease versus right turns, is it conversely something like that? I know when I took my first (hopefully last) spill it was on the left side. What's everyones experience.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well no crashes as of yet at speed but i had one while moving... kind of... I was practicing my emergency stopping at the DMV before my test for my MC endorsement and i locked up the front tire and fell on the right side... and the peg fell onto my ankle and i passed my test with a severely sprained ankle... I couldn't walk, but i could ride :Sport:

the second was a gravel related tipover when i wasn't even moving, my foot slipped out from under me while i was stopped and i fell over... also on the right...

I guess i am an oddball

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First crash was a lefty on dry rotted Montgomery Ward tires! The last was a high side on a lefty after another racer hit me. The 3 or 4 crashes in the middle were lefts and rights.

ManicFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
On the left side. Locked up the rear.:( I just remembered. A good friend of mine, who is an excellent mech. and rider, was rinding at talledega track days this weekend and another rider took him out in a turn. Both, left side.

Last edited: