Coolant replacement - how long?

What intervals do you change the coolant at?

• Never

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Each year

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Two years

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • thinking about it

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought a litre of Yamaha coolant and a litre and half of distilled water.
My bike is running the original coolant and I am wondering how long people wait to change the coolant and flush the system?
Oh yeah, coolant $10 AUS and distilled water $7 AUS, not exactly the most expensive maintenance aye?

Rumpole

x47b3207

Dave.
Reaction score
Visit site
Sometime during the third season. I'm thinking about using it as an opportunity to take off the radiator and changing the spark plugs at the same time.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
Im goin to do mine at 5000km:eek: like you said its cheap and realy easy to do. I wont do it for a while after that but will do it more on a more regular occation then needed because it just makes things so much easier in the long run.
I am also going to change the brake fluid at 5000km and every year from then on as i see way way to many 5year old+ bikes come into work that have never had things like this done and then it becomes a prick of a job and just way more $$$.
I will admit i am an anal barsted when it comes to maintainance and do things more often then needed (oil every 5000km where the manual says i think 10) but the way i see it it makes it easier to work on and will last a lot longer:thumbup:
I Plan on having high milage on my fz so the more i do now the cheaper it will be to keep it going strong when i get over 100,000km (and yep it will be there in just under 3 years with the riding i do)

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I (or my dealer that is) follow the Yamaha instructions on this, - can't remember the interval of the top of my head.
They also test the fluid once a year, so I leave it up to them :)

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
One liter isn't enough to fill the system, so you know.

I did it last weekend, didn't really flush the system. Old one out, new in. Had already done the plugs and I was fed up with working on it ... :D. What a crappy job with big hands.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
2 years is what Yamaha recommends which is btw IMO overkill. But hey, it really is pretty easy to do you just have to be patient and use the coolant system flush each time.