Contour Roam 1080p HD

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For those who are interested Target is selling the Contour Roam on clearance for $99.99, original price was $199.99. You have to provide your own microSD card, will take up to 32GB. Can only be purchased online.

Ares

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
I think i will order one tonight. the mounts will probably get expensive, but it looks like a fun toy to have for all sorts of activities.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It comes with two double sided tape mounts, one of which allows the user to rotate the camera and lock it in place. The other mount is good for attaching on the fairing.
There's a two piece "clicky" lanyard when you're using one of the mounts and serves like a security harness.
I tried it this morning and I was very happy with the image quality, then I realized it was set on 720p...wow!
So i changed it to 1080p tonight and will see tomorrow morning the difference.
I'll try to post the two videos BUT please spare me the lectures on how I ride, lol.

PS: waterproof casing is for $39.99 but Target is out of stock, good or anything deeper than 1 meter.
Camera by itself is good up to a meter deep for 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered mine. thanks for the heads up on this deal. a very neat toy to have, but i don't think i could justify 200-300 bucks for one. i think this unit is a good bang for your buck.

i hope i am as happy with it as most of the reviews i have read.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, just an initial observation:
-on 720p the image quality is good and image capture is smooth.
-on 1080p the quality is better but I did notice image capture is interrupted by intermittent flicker.
I set it to 980p (tall) and go for a ride tomorrow and I'll post some videos afterwards.

Ares

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, just an initial observation:
-on 720p the image quality is good and image capture is smooth.
-on 1080p the quality is better but I did notice image capture is interrupted by intermittent flicker.
I set it to 980p (tall) and go for a ride tomorrow and I'll post some videos afterwards.

Ares

Most likely it's 720p @ 60 fps and 1080p @30 fps. Huge difference in "smoothness" of the image between the two.