Complete R6 Front end on 07 FZ6

AURMEND

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys so i crashed my 07 FZ6 and bent the forks. Since no one is making the kit for the fork swap, can i just do a whole front end replacement from an r6? here is the item for sale R6S Front End and use fully adjustable clip ons that allow me to raise lower and adjust the angle.

would i be able to just bolt it on? thanks

Edit: Here is another complete front end

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys so i crashed my 07 FZ6 and bent the forks. Since no one is making the kit for the fork swap, can i just do a whole front end replacement from an r6? here is the item for sale R6S Front End and use fully adjustable clip ons that allow me to raise lower and adjust the angle.

would i be able to just bolt it on? thanks

Edit: Here is another complete front end

I'm 99% certain you have to resolve these issues:
Triples have a different space between the fork tubes. However, they use the same wheel and rotors. So, its all about the axle spacers.

Did you contact dako81 (Brad)? Did you see this thread? http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/29543-r6-fork-install-another-one.html

PS - working on an option to repair some broken links. All of the pictures in that thread are still here, but the name change to the forum needs corrected.

Hint was: "fz6-forum" -->> is "600riders".

AURMEND

Reaction score
Visit site
On the second link I posted it has all the wheel and calipers. My wheel is bent I am going to need a wheel.
Will I need the spacers if I swapped everything over from the 2nd link

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
On the second link I posted it has all the wheel and calipers. My wheel is bent I am going to need a wheel.
Will I need the spacers if I swapped everything over from the 2nd link

I would think that would work but *PLEASE* don't hold me responsible. I don't have the specs nor have I done it.... If the cost is the same, open the door and grab forks with high speed adjusters too. Don't exclude CBR and ZXR etc.

POTENTIAL ISSUES:
Stem length - might need FZ6 stem.
Head Bearings - replace to adapt. Standard procedure
Steering stops - not sure, others have used used bolt heads.
Steering lock - you may loose this
Ignition switch - not sure
Fender - mount, grab the fend too. But keep in mind that they run a 60 vs our 70 so our tire is taller. If used with that fender it may lack clearance.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
I wondered about this too. Couldn't you just pull over the whole front end - triples, forks, wheel, brakes, etc - with some minimal mods for handlebars and stop tabs?

mukulu

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a kit from Dako81 just two weeks ago. Give him a PM. He's a top guy, and the kit is great.:thumbup:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Frontends have been transplanted in the past. Look up jtarkany's threads or my Compatibility Threads (sig).

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
You can probably find just the forks/axle from a R6S for around $200-250, since you've got a 2007, you can use your existing calipers. Then save the extra $250-300 and just have some spacers made. If you're interested, I can post up the prints I used for the spacers I made for my 2007 swap - they'd be a little cheaper to have machined than the prints bd43 posted in that other thread.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Front wheels aren't an issue. All FZ6 wheels, many R6 wheels are compatible. Find whatever is least expensive. See my Compatibilty Chart in my sig.