Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Black & Orange

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!!

I've been debating this since getting my bike....

What colour scheme could I go for on my black FZ6 - my plan is to spray the radiator side pods black firstly, I'm also going to clean up the centre stand as it isn't in the best condition.

Question is what do i do after this - I like the look of the red stripes on the wheels, and any scheme would follow the same colour, I just think black and red has been done to death and fancy doing something different.

I think i'll probably end up going for the red in the end as it is popular for a reason! Just wanted peoples opinions....

The plan is to change to anodised screws, coloured levers, swing arm decals, tank protector and a few other subtle bits - possibly going for the 'worded' wheel decals that sit on the lip rather than inside the wheel.

:Sport:

Last edited:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
I voted for black and purple because it can look really good if done right. Also, you don't see that done very often, so it's another chance to be unique.

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
Paul: I wasn't sure if this would be a tad 'girly' - though i have seen a titanium purple set of anodised nuts that look really cool..... similar to these http://www.pureperformancecycles.com...08--Ninja-250R

Maybe these and if i can get away with a film for the headlights and/or screen (need to check its legal for the lights)

Bam: You might be right, I think that gold is one of the few colours that would look right - I just didn't want to look like Mr T :D

fazanders

Reaction score
Visit site
Black N Red gets my nod, was thinking of doing the same as I got a Black S2 as well. Your far enough away that we won't bump into each other so that we look common :thumbup:

fazanders

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got some carbon Beowulf cans, black puig belly pan, black screen, radiator guard so far. Just bought a tail tidy, need to get some leds for it. Also want to do all the bolts at some stage. :D

tupac

Reaction score
Visit site
black and gold only beacuse red and gold wasnt an option

-black paint gold rims

but red paint with gold rims owns all( this is what im getting my paint painted)

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, last night when I got home I was looking at my bike, (Naked yellow/black) and thinking 'bout what I would need to change to really alter the look, only front guard, headlight surround and tank, so carbon guard and then a satin paint job would do the headlight surround and tank , there you go black and dark silver. I could get away with the stainless radiator guard and the silver rearsets
BUT, I'm not really going to as I like the yellow, wouldnt look good on a faired version tho' I reckon there would just be TOO much yellow. On a NKD its just about right (imho)

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
black with gold wheels would be option number 1 for me

option 2 would be black with orange wheel stripes.

but if you stop and think, any colour that you listed would match well with the black. black and yellow looks sick too....then stick a hornet sticker on it (no not the honda hornet - the actual hornet- remember the jordan f1 cars years ago? they had a buzzin hornets logo. it looks schmick

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
oooh I dunno, I don't think I'm feeling the gold. It'd go, but I think I'd want to change it again, plus I want to keep the rims black... love a bit of stealth :D

agf - you know, I'd love to have a yellow tank and a few yellow details - I've just been put off painting the bike as a few people have said, when i come to sell...it's as though it's had an accident. My original plan was to have it all sprayed pearl white, like the FZ6 I learnt on at my riding school, then decal it up.

My thinking now is orange nuts, bolts and trim...nobody has done this, and in theory it should go! I'm going to decide once I've pulled the bike out (when this shi**y rains stopped :D)

fazanders

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice :rockon:

This is me
2012-04-27190412.jpg

Last edited:

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Faz/Nelly....

I'll put some proper ones up once it's fully detailed, that was one of the sellers pictures before I bought it.... :)

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
black with gold wheels would be option number 1 for me

option 2 would be black with orange wheel stripes.

but if you stop and think, any colour that you listed would match well with the black. black and yellow looks sick too....then stick a hornet sticker on it (no not the honda hornet - the actual hornet- remember the jordan f1 cars years ago? they had a buzzin hornets logo. it looks schmick

I like the hornet sticker, I actually call my bike 'the naked wasp' after a student newspaper I worked on 30 years ago

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Black and Carbon Silver all the way. Dirt doesn't show up as bad. Plus Carbon silver with black fixtures would look pretty sweet. That would be one of a kind. I have yet to see a silver/ or carbon silver FZ6 for that matter. As an idea just look at the FZ1 Silver or Carbon.

Last edited: