Clutch side footrest removal

Dartanubis

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive used the search function and google and i couldn't get the answer i needed.

The pedal is blocked by the clutch pedal or w/e and i know i have to remove both bolts off the plate but the one that holds the clutch "Pedal" or w/e its called is really stuck on there and wont budge ive tried everything and all the post ive read say they just used an allen wrench the same size as the other bolt but this isnt working.. any advice?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive used the search function and google and i couldn't get the answer i needed.

The pedal is blocked by the clutch pedal or w/e and i know i have to remove both bolts off the plate but the one that holds the clutch "Pedal" or w/e its called is really stuck on there and wont budge ive tried everything and all the post ive read say they just used an allen wrench the same size as the other bolt but this isnt working.. any advice?

That's the rear brake lever your referring to. To remove the brake lever, remove the pinch bolt (mines an allen head) . Then spread the gap a little (it clamps around the splined shaft) with a screwdriver and pull it off. You may have to gently tap the screwdriver in to the gap to help wedge the steel apart. Its a pretty sturdy part. I've straightened a bent one in a vise and kit took considerable force to "adjust it". Its not brittle steel and will take a beating...

If your trying to remove the entire right side rubber mounted assembly, you can leave the lever on. Remove the two allen head bolts (that go thru the rubber inserts) and the assembly should come off.

The brake light switch and rear master cylinder is attached to the backside of this plate so once off, they need to be unbolted/disconnected.

Are the bolts not turning at all or turn but don't back out? I believe their probably locktited in there so they may seem very tight....

What are you trying to do?

Last edited:

Dartanubis

Reaction score
Visit site
That's the rear brake lever your referring to. To remove the brake lever, remove the pinch bolt (mines an allen head) . Then spread the gap a little (it clamps around the splined shaft) with a screwdriver and pull it off. You may have to gently tap the screwdriver in to the gap to help wedge the steel apart. Its a pretty sturdy part. I've straightened a bent one in a vise and kit took considerable force to "adjust it". Its not brittle steel and will take a beating...

If your trying to remove the entire right side rubber mounted assembly, you can leave the lever on. Remove the two allen head bolts (that go thru the rubber inserts) and the assembly should come off.

The brake light switch and rear master cylinder is attached to the backside of this plate so once off, they need to be unbolted/disconnected.

Are the bolts not turning at all or turn but don't back out? I believe their probably locktited in there so they may seem very tight....

What are you trying to do?

My left footrest was sliced clean off when i wrecked the only park left is the nub inside and i got my new one but i cant get the old one off since the bolt that holds it in is blocked by the gear lever select and every guide ive looked at always said the brake side which is on the right side isnt it lol or am i retarded?

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My left footrest was sliced clean off when i wrecked the only park left is the nub inside and i got my new one but i cant get the old one off since the bolt that holds it in is blocked by the gear lever select and every guide ive looked at always said the brake side which is on the right side isnt it lol or am i retarded?

FOR ALL BIKES: as you SIT ON THE BIKE, your right hand is on the right side, left had is the left side, period.

Now, at the end of the shifter, and at the upper end, (the short arm with the pinch bolt), there's a threaded adjustment rod that connects them.

At each end of the threaded rod is a lock nut. I believe the lower end is REVERSE THREADED (it may be the other end).

With a 10mm wrench, loosen both lock nuts, you'll be able to rotate that long shaft until it literlly falls out. Rotating this rod adjusts the shifter arm up or down depending on which way you turn it. It can only go down so far before it hits some hard parts and the bike will NOT DOWNSHIFT so be aware of that..

**(prior to doing this, measure and record the height of your shifter lever so you can put it back exactly where it came off)** With that shaft off, the shifter itself is NOT connected to anything and can be moved about out of your way..

This should give you access to everything, or you could just have a helper move the shifter up or down out of your way..

If I misunderstood something, or its not clear, please post a picture, it'll be a little easier for everyone...

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol at powermans post. I agree.

As for your problem, you can remove the SHIFTER LEVER by the allen/hex bolt at the pivot point, and then unscrewing the nut to disconnect the lever from the rod that connects the lever to the shaft at the transmission.

I had to replace both the footpeg and the shifter lever when I wrecked and it was an easy job.

Dartanubis

Reaction score
Visit site
Please don't ride if you think that's the clutch pedal. Please take a motorcycle safety course.

Thanks for the post man glad you could take the time and waste mine thinking someone had posted something to be helpful and then say something like this really means alot what is the point if you don't have anything useful or relevant to the thread don't post anything at all... and i took one 2 years ago I'm so sorry i don't know anything mechanically or the proper words for things for vehicles besides basic maintenance and how to operate them may god forsake my dumbass because of this i mean really :spank:

and thanks townsends that's the answer i needed much obliged :thumbup:

Last edited: