Clutch lever bushing

kamao

Reaction score
Visit site
Only recently got around to checking my clutch lever, it has felt a bit 'loose' since I took ownership of the bike. Turns out it was missing the bushing/collar.

Ordered a replacement up per the manual (part# 5JJ-83913-00), but it doesn't fit in the lever :eek:

The replacement bushing looks like it's for a 10mm hole, can anyone confirm that this is indeed the correct size? I'm beginning to think that the bike was dropped at some point (there is a scuff on the generator cover), and that the clutch lever was replaced with something other than a stock Yam lever?

Either way, this might be the the excus.. erm, reason to be getting some Pazzo's :rolleyes:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Well that should be the correct part number. Is it too big or too small? If it's too big you can get it machined down a little bit.

I almost lost the bushing when I was installing my ASV levers. They didn't come with their own.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck machining it.

I had to do mine in order to mount the J&M intercom on my clutch perch. If you do it, be sure to use a good bit, on a well sucred vice or stand and use plenty of cutting oil. If you dont, youwill harden the bushing with the heat from the bit and it will be a pain to finish.

-bryan

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it the one in this picture where I still have the stock bushing in the stock lever?

watermark.php

kamao

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies all, bd43 that is the exact one! From the looks of that picture, I think they must have just bolted a different lever in (designed for a narrower bushing) :spank:

This is the stock collar which I picked up (approx 10mm diameter) :

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies all, bd43 that is the exact one! From the looks of that picture, I think they must have just bolted a different lever in (designed for a narrower bushing) :spank:

This is the stock collar which I picked up (approx 10mm diameter) :

My stock bushing is in the Pazzo lever but I still have the stock lever without it that I measured and the hole the bushing fits into is 10mm. Is there enough material around your lever that you can drill it out to 10mm?

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, brand new from solomotoparts. They had everything else but I don't remember them coming with the clutch pivot bushing.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking the titanium + black adjuster, but will try drilling the lever (as per BD's suggestion) on there before I shell out the hard earned :thumbup:

Just be sure that you have enough metal material around the hole you drill cause if it breaks, what's your "plan B" if you need to gear down coming off 60mph and the lever broke?